Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying Gs450h - fresh import from Japan - advices please

On 9/25/2021 at 9:31 AM, Classics said:

I bought a GS350 for my son direct from Japanese auction. Before bidding I have a wealth of information about the vehicle. The next car I purchased was a IS300H 2013. Nice car. Again perfect condition. So much so the Lexus bought it for about the same price I bought it for in Japan. Next a Lexus RX450H 2013. Again great cat. Air suspension. Just waiting for that to go through compliance. In the meantime sitting in my garage. 89,000Kilometres. 

Are you able to change the car language to English and likewise change the speedo to MPH - those are my concerns holding me back from importing from Japan.

Not sure about MK3 but in MK4 there is no such option 😞 you can only see km/l which require some getting use to, but after all its quite simple, just annoying quirk. For the infotainment nearly everything is is changeable to english apart from few minor deep options (google translator with pic translation does the job here :D)

From what Ive read only radio replacement can sort it out, but I keep it as a flavour