Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Motorline Service Plan

Michael Marshall

Hi, 

Just bought a 2017 CT and being given the heavy sell on the 3 yearservice plan. This is For 2 intermediate services and one full service a d the cist is £837. This seems a bit steep. Can anyone advise on this based on their servicing coasts?  Thanks.

Mike

You an actually find out the cost of servicing if you register an account at https://www.lexus.co.uk › my-lexus 

An intermediate service at my local Lexus service centre is coming up as £215 and a full service at £395 so that would work out at £825. You get free MOT's, when required, included with the service plan iirc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thar said:

You an actually find out the cost of servicing if you register an account at https://www.lexus.co.uk › my-lexus 

An intermediate service at my local Lexus service centre is coming up as £215 and a full service at £395 so that would work out at £825. You get free MOT's, when required, included with the service plan iirc.

And you can pay monthly interest free!

And you get free Annual Hybrid Battery Health check FOR 15 YEARS FROM DATE OF FIRST REG`N.

And you can buy a Lexus Extended Warranty covering 10 years from 1st Reg or 140,000 miles whichever comes first.

Welcome to the club by the way.

And if you go with the Extended Warranty you also get full breakdown cover (including Europe) provided by the AA, which covers you and your partner to claim for any car you happen to be travelling in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2019 at 11:31 PM, Michael Marshall said:

Thanks very much for the replies (and the welcome to the club). I will follow the link and check the service charges at my local dealer. The extended warranty does look like a good deal with the two free MOTs and the AA membership for me and the wife.

We have extended warranty and a service plan and ours was just under £700 for three service and paid £495 for extended warranty. What was your decision did you go for it?

Apologies for hijacking this thread..

My 12m warranty is coming to an end soon and I've been offered an extended Lexus warranty for 24m which is being advertised as 24m for the price of 12m @ £495 with the option to spread the payments interest free over 12m. Seems this deal is advertised online to all and not just a select few. To include breakdown cover etc this isn't too bad a deal but as Lexus are generally very reliable I am also half tempted to gamble not taking this out (I can get breakdown cover cheap anyhow). Obviously it's like any warranty/insurance and always a risk; if it was an Alfa, say, then rejecting a warranty offer would be madness but maybe not so with a Lexus? Mine is 5 years old, btw. What do others think? 

Thanks.