Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suspension upgrade

I've never been one for preserving an unmodified car and am definitely a fan of the more extreme mods. 

With that in mind, the below is being installed this week. Airlift 3P with twin compressors and a 4 gallon tank.

Watch this space for updates or for those using Instagram you can find more regular updates at isf_dan

I'll post a few more pics once it's all installed. 

IMG_20190903_105346_821.thumb.jpg.1dabbec4887a0cef16a01989978e9848.jpg

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Northern isf said:

How you doing Dan everything good? I reckon this will be the best mod you've done it's certainly on the top of my list let us know how it goes.

Now then Wayne. Hope all is good with you. 

Yes mate, all good down here. Should get the car back on Friday or Monday so will post some updates as soon as I can. 

Can't wait!! 😎😎

Apologies for keeping you all waiting! 😜 Haven't bothered with any ride height pics for now as they just look like it did before the install but here's a few aired out shots for you. Rides like a magic carpet. Unreal. Go out and buy this product right now 😎😎

IMG_20190909_105138_006.thumb.jpg.6de6288bfe1c6f556ac49f5151ba2137.jpg

IMG_20190909_114608_183.thumb.jpg.0ba2e2d0782dc0a7f4d49410924abce3.jpg

IMG_20190909_102428.thumb.jpg.5a91e35600d4ff237bc1087ec39d0a54.jpg

IMG_20190909_115048_396.thumb.jpg.6debc395ecb6ec04fa9205fd0592ba26.jpg

IMG_20190909_115716_656.thumb.jpg.a7c05b5c002b923d395817a293f5480d.jpg

She...... 

Low!! 

• Like 8

Looks awesome Dan although some 20s would get lost in there nicely now😁,most importantly whats it like in the corners I know they've come a long way over the years but I don't know anyone with them fitted so be nice to hear your views incase my current set up accidentally breaks, I love the idea of being able to raise it up for ruff roads and speed bumps perfect I can't imagine you getting bored of the car now 👍

• Like 1

Hi Wayne. Only driven it on motorway back to mine at normal ride height and I have to say, its an unbelievably smooth ride considering its sitting a little lower than it was when I had it on Tein Springs. Feels like an S Class Merc. 

I'm sure I'm going to lose a bit of stiffness in the corners, especially compared to yours which gets stiffer in the corners if I remember right? 

You can wind the shock lower and higher like you can with a coil but then you've got infinite adjustment between 0 and about 125PSI on all four corners. 

I've got 3 presets saved so far at 25PSI which is as low as you see in the pics, 75 which is a little lower than my old ride height and 100 of 110 (can't remember which) which is speed bump height. 

The more air you have in the stiffer the ride is, the less you have in the softer the ride is so if you want low and stiff you can wind the shock all the way down and still have a lot of air in the bellows but then you lose some of the drama in terms of a big drop when going from ride height to aired out. 

I'm no race driver so this was mainly a looks and comfort thing for me but at the speeds I typically reach it feels far more solid but just as composed my old set up. 

It's cool as f### in my opinion so that's my main box so and truly ticked 😎😎😎

• Like 5

I think losing a little stiffness is better than smashing your carbon bits to smithereens 😂  

Sounds like a nice versatile setup perfect for road trips, getting on and off ferry's without scraping it's nads off 

But seriously I can't wait to see it, got to be the only ISF in UK running air! You got anymore plans? I'm done with mine almost just looking for a nice set of forged rims that are actually worth the outlay as I'd sooner put the cash into performance mods but I've done all them apart from supercharger so they've got to be lighter than the OEM wheels for me to want them.

12 hours ago, Northern isf said:

I think losing a little stiffness is better than smashing your carbon bits to smithereens 😂  

Sounds like a nice versatile setup perfect for road trips, getting on and off ferry's without scraping it's nads off 

But seriously I can't wait to see it, got to be the only ISF in UK running air! You got anymore plans? I'm done with mine almost just looking for a nice set of forged rims that are actually worth the outlay as I'd sooner put the cash into performance mods but I've done all them apart from supercharger so they've got to be lighter than the OEM wheels for me to want them.

I found lighter wheels and two piece brakes made quite a noticeable difference

• Like 1