Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bosch Battery for IS 250 (2008) -- S4 026 or 027?

fredsmith

Dear All, long time no post.

I'm confused. As will become manifestly clear very soon, I'm not much a of a mechanic but the local Lexus garage want to charge me about £350 to supply and fit a new Battery (I'm in Switzerland) for my IS 250 (2007/08). They did this previously, 3.5 years ago, and the Battery has, they say, only a 3 year warranty so I'm not falling for that again.

After reading and re-reading all the posts I can find, it seems I should be going for Bosch S4 026 Type 68. But here's why I'm confused -- every S4 026 I see has the positive terminal on the right: https://www.bosch-automotive-catalog.com/product-detail/-/product/0092S40260 and no mention of Type 68 (which everyone here says is the correct one) or Type 69 (apparently the wrong one). And I've seen messages saying don't get the S4 027 as the terminals are on the wrong side.

OTOH, the Bosch site itself says that the correct Battery for the IS 250 is the S4 027, and as hoped, the positive terminal is on the left: https://www.bosch-automotive-catalog.com/en/product-detail/-/product/0092S40270 

BUT... both 026 and 027 seem to have the terminals at the front whereas mine has them at the back. 

Am I going nuts? My car has the positive terminal on the left. Is that the same as everyone else? If so, surely S4 027 is the correct one?

But will the front terminal cause a problem? And perhaps a very stupid question, is the Battery not a uniform shape i.e. can I not simply turn round a Battery whose terminals are the wrong way round?

Thanks for any enlightenment!

That's what I figured 😉.

I totally believe you, but I'm still a bit puzzled by the Type 68 vs Type 69 references in other threads. The Bosch links posted earlier seem to contain no reference to different types. Maybe the 027 replaced the 026 Type 69?

Anyway, thanks. I'll take a punt on the S4 026 and hope it does the job. 

I believe the 027 Battery is more or less the same, but has the terminals at the "front" side. Rotating it is a no-go as that'll leave the - & + the wrong way round.

I think it can fit, but the cables have to be stretched to reach, if they can actually reach far enough.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links