Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Coloured Car Wax or Coloured Polish?

JeffL

I was talking to car body repair guy this week about the stone chips on the plastic bumper of my car and he suggested using a coloured polish (or he might have said coloured wax). Which will it be?

Does polish go on the car first, followed by wax? I've just found this product 'Turtle Wax 52709 Color Magic Car Paintwork Polish Restores Colour & Shine Blue 500ml' Any other recommendations?

My car is very dark blue metallic, so would blue be the right choice or should I go for Black?

Will be a polish. It's just full of coloured filler and is temporary at best. You would need to wax / sealant on it after but it would fail quickly. Best to just touch them up.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JeffL said:

I was talking to car body repair guy this week about the stone chips on the plastic bumper of my car and he suggested using a coloured polish (or he might have said coloured wax). Which will it be?

Does polish go on the car first, followed by wax? I've just found this product 'Turtle Wax 52709 Color Magic Car Paintwork Polish Restores Colour & Shine Blue 500ml' Any other recommendations?

My car is very dark blue metallic, so would blue be the right choice or should I go for Black?

A friend who is a superb car body man always says to use the black Turtle Wax on mine which is dark blue. It really does make a difference with very minor marks, but stone chips are too deep, so as suggested they need proper touching up.

• Thanks 1

Depending on how precious you are about your car I find a Sharpie is the best quick fix for stone chips. Touch up paint is always a blob, coloured polish washes off almost immediately and a respray is expensive. Break out the permanent marker.