Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cancel sat nav guidance ES300h

SH20

Anyone know how to cancel a sat nav guidance route during a route plan.   Couldn't find any icon or listing to cancel,  only thing there was that was visible was Pause.  The user manual is pants so I have ordered the official hard copy sat nav manual due to arrive 17/9/19 from a dealer, although the online version seems to devote huge chunks of content to other  areas of the car.   It's very annoying not being able to cancel guidance on route.  

Steve, I had the same on my 1 year old LS, not sure if the ES is the same but try this.

When in route guidance select the 3 dots to the bottom left corner of the screen. This takes me to a screen which says at the top left corner ''Pause''. Don't select ''Pause'' instead scroll down to ''Route"". Select ''Route'' and the word ''Delete'' appears in the top right corner, Select ''Delete'' and the guidance is cancelled.

When I had my 09 plate LS600 all I had to do was go into voice activation and say ''Cancel Guidance'' I don't why they took this option from the Voice activation commands.

Thanks Graham,  yes your route to cancel is right.   I clicked on route after loading a destination and then clicked route, in the top right corner the word Delete can be chosen and the route plan  is cancelled.  Cheers for that.    PS  Neither the online sat nav manual or the hard copy user manual  have mentioned this.

Steve

Thanks Graham, again,   Yes saw page 29 and as you said it was there.   I wonder can you identify the page or answer how I can make the navigation map fill the whole 8 inch screen.  It operates around 60% of the screen size with the left hand side showing other info like the average fuel returns etc.   I have seen the screen go full size but can't seem to replicate it again.   I've ordered the official hard back manual but ETA  17.9.19.   Tried again looking through the online manual but it just goes on and on and I can't find how to make the screen go large.

Thanks again

Steve

Press the 3 dots and the screen returns to full.  They’ll be to the right of Info.  Mine returns back to full automatically after a few seconds so it might be a setting.

Cheers Graham and Pete.   Sorted.  One thing I have realised is not to press too quickly on the navigation options.  A few seconds is required for the system to catch up with the key stroke.    

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links