Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Matt's matador red is250 se-l

Matt1280

• 1 month later...
On 9/5/2019 at 7:20 PM, Matt1280 said:

Well I've finally bought one in the colour I really wanted, i picked it up last Saturday and absolutely love it already.

There was a few stone chips and a bit of paint scraped off the rear bumper near the wheel arch, so I got some paint mixed up and sorted all that out. 

Anyway here's some pics

Screenshot_2019-09-04-07-54-26-1.png

Screenshot_2019-08-29-12-08-47.png

KFC haha

Looks good mate ! I miss my 2gen IS250, now got IS300h - very different cars ! How did you fix the rear roof / upper rear windscreen spoiler on ? Was it the 3M tape that comes with it or did you use some sort glue ? I am thinking of getting one like this for my IS300h (as they do them for 3gen IS too) and want to make sure it stays on which is reason why I haven't bought one yet, seeing people's experience first.

On 4/6/2020 at 6:55 PM, ghost_killer said:

Looks good mate ! I miss my 2gen IS250, now got IS300h - very different cars ! How did you fix the rear roof / upper rear windscreen spoiler on ? Was it the 3M tape that comes with it or did you use some sort glue ? I am thinking of getting one like this for my IS300h (as they do them for 3gen IS too) and want to make sure it stays on which is reason why I haven't bought one yet, seeing people's experience first.

Thanks mate, I love the look of the is300h and wouldn't mind one in the future.

The rear window spoiler I actually used 3M tape but it soon came loose so I ended up using a bead of tiger seal all the want around, it's solid now so no worry of it flying off

These second gen IS are turning my head more and more at the moment and I think the reds do look very well. But then I saw a lovely dark blue one with cream leather the other day and that looked splendid.

I'm not picky :biggrin:

• Like 1

These second gen IS are turning my head more and more at the moment and I think the reds do look very well. But then I saw a lovely dark blue one with cream leather the other day and that looked splendid.
I'm not picky biggrin.png
They are handsome cars. I had pearl white. But they handle like a barge. Lovely cruiser though and premier 13 speaker sound system is better (subjective) than an ml.

In fact is250 is only car i ever spun ( twice)

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Complete spin would be an exaggeration, car prevents it but...

Bridgestone potenza - hated them. Slightest bit of damp and too fast round a roundabout and away the back goes - the the dumb VSC cuts the engine power so you just end up stalled in half spin with no power to drive out of it. 

Both times were empty roads late at night, admittedly being a bit silly but there was lots I loved about that car, the handling wasn't one of them. IS200 handled much better.

Ok so Sean you think the IS200 handles better,having owned 2 IS200 sports and currently own a face lift is250 f sport,I think the opposite,however will start a thread to see what others that have owned both think 🤔

I think these handle really well you know, I've come from a 2006 Toyota Celica GT which handled like it was on rails, when I got this I thought I'd notice a massive difference but I really didn't which surprised me a lot

On 4/8/2020 at 9:27 AM, Matt1280 said:

Thanks mate, I love the look of the is300h and wouldn't mind one in the future.

The rear window spoiler I actually used 3M tape but it soon came loose so I ended up using a bead of tiger seal all the want around, it's solid now so no worry of it flying off

Thanks ! Yes the 300h is good car, just miss the V6 and that automatic, while the CVT isn't bad still. And did you heat the spoiler when fitting it ? I saw on US Lexus group that someone had bit problem with a roof spoiler for their 3Gen IS when they used 3m tape hence my question originally !! Well my car does need abit of work in bodyshop so may as well let them fit it on, just question of when it will arrive what with this situation.... Thanks again !

• Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 10:05 PM, ghost_killer said:

Thanks ! Yes the 300h is good car, just miss the V6 and that automatic, while the CVT isn't bad still. And did you heat the spoiler when fitting it ? I saw on US Lexus group that someone had bit problem with a roof spoiler for their 3Gen IS when they used 3m tape hence my question originally !! Well my car does need abit of work in bodyshop so may as well let them fit it on, just question of when it will arrive what with this situation.... Thanks again !

I did heat it slightly, when using tape the first time I fitted it, it wasn't sitting flush to the window, it was lifting on one side but a bit of heat sorted it.hopefully you'll get it soon.

On 4/10/2020 at 11:01 PM, scudney said:

Matt where did you get your rear window spoiler from?what did it cost and how did you fit it,sealant or double sided tape?

I got it on eBay, think it was £35, I used tape first but it didn't stay stuck so used tiger seal and its stuck solid now

I got it on ebay, think it was £35, I used tape first but it didn't stay stuck so used tiger seal and its stuck solid now

Do you have the seller details? I’ve seen a few but some of them look a little rough

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

On 4/14/2020 at 9:44 AM, Matt1280 said:

I did heat it slightly, when using tape the first time I fitted it, it wasn't sitting flush to the window, it was lifting on one side but a bit of heat sorted it.hopefully you'll get it soon.

I got it on ebay, think it was £35, I used tape first but it didn't stay stuck so used tiger seal and its stuck solid now

Thanks, Well I ordered last thurs, they yet to give me tracking no. and £89 painted and shipped, then of course import tax when it arrives 😞 it's ABS plastic the one I got I even asked the seller and he confirmed, I think I did see some that are ABS plastic for the 2gen IS too.