Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Matt's matador red is250 se-l

Matt1280

1 hour ago, scudney said:

Rus do you think I could get one in USB,they seem to have them in other colours but not my blue🤔

Send them message with your paint code, the USB may be called different colour in different countries so the seller would only recognise the paint code which is same worldwide. Mine weren't listed so I mesaged the seller with code and they can do it in that colour.

On 4/14/2020 at 9:44 AM, Matt1280 said:

I did heat it slightly, when using tape the first time I fitted it, it wasn't sitting flush to the window, it was lifting on one side but a bit of heat sorted it.hopefully you'll get it soon.

I got it on ebay, think it was £35, I used tape first but it didn't stay stuck so used tiger seal and its stuck solid now

Well I got it today ! Lot quicker than expected considering they said between today and late May and what with the Coronavirus disrupting everything !! The fit seems pretty good and doesn't look like it needs much force to fix it but better not chance it as the 3m tape provided from experience wouldn't hold it, And what Tiger seal did you use ? Looking on eBay there is white and black one ? And did you use much of it ? I guess you held it down temporarily using masking tape right after ? Thinking of doing it myself with that tiger seal stuff than body shop !

Thanks again ! 

2 minutes ago, ghost_killer said:

Well I got it today ! Lot quicker than expected considering they said between today and late May and what with the Coronavirus disrupting everything !! The fit seems pretty good and doesn't look like it needs much force to fix it but better not chance it as the 3m tape provided from experience wouldn't hold it, And what Tiger seal did you use ? Looking on eBay there is white and black one ? And did you use much of it ? I guess you held it down temporarily using masking tape right after ? Thinking of doing it myself with that tiger seal stuff than body shop !

Thanks again ! 

I used the black one, you won’t need much, just a bead all the way around , not too close to the edge so it’s not visible. 

21 hours ago, Matt1280 said:

I used the black one, you won’t need much, just a bead all the way around , not too close to the edge so it’s not visible. 

Thanks mate ! I let you know how it goes (hopefully good lol), although the fit does seem good and not much or any 'force' is needed to keep it in place

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 10:06 PM, ghost_killer said:

Thanks again ! 

Funny, I was looking at getting one of these, and I think from the same place you got yours, did you get yours painted? If so ,what is the quality like, will be interesting to see the results, once you have fitted it.

On 4/26/2020 at 4:35 PM, Bongo said:

Funny, I was looking at getting one of these, and I think from the same place you got yours, did you get yours painted? If so ,what is the quality like, will be interesting to see the results, once you have fitted it.

For plastic one I got, the quality is good or at least good as it gets, defo good enough that I'll be happy to fit it (and want it ) on my car, I just ordered some the glue to fit it so waiting for that, can't remember who the seller is, Painted-king or something on eBay I seem to remember he (or she lol) also sell them for 2gen IS and lot of other cars - the 2 gen and 3 gen roof spoiler looks very similar and same type design but if you got a 2gen IS then I'll get the one made for the 2 Gen not the 3 gen (and vice versa)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/12/2020 at 4:15 PM, Matt1280 said:

Decided to tint the rear indicators and reverse lights a light smoke. 

Also tinted the unused orange side markers on the headlights 

D16F22AF-31CA-4393-83B1-078F91855714.jpeg

A3A905CB-8B20-47F4-B719-B4533BBF30DC.jpeg

C040A29C-ACB8-4237-B750-1BDD1ED309D5.jpeg

39A01F7B-D4AB-4909-A685-63D4800798C6.jpeg

897E1EAF-AFFF-41B0-973F-1C2C53F59B9A.jpeg

Small touches look good, does the dark colour affect the output ? Also had bit of issue with the roof spoiler hopefully all sorted now (It f.....ng wants to be !! lol), 3m tape first of all from advice of someone that did same and no issues even after few years, within a month one side came apart !!! so tiger seal it, again came apart as the tiger seal lifted the paint right off the underneath of roof spoiler (very cleanly must I add) so I sanded it right down and re-applied !! I guessing you didn't paint under it and I specified a painted spoiler and underside was painted too !!!!

14 minutes ago, ghost_killer said:

Small touches look good, does the dark colour affect the output ? Also had bit of issue with the roof spoiler hopefully all sorted now (It f.....ng wants to be !! lol), 3m tape first of all from advice of someone that did same and no issues even after few years, within a month one side came apart !!! so tiger seal it, again came apart as the tiger seal lifted the paint right off the underneath of roof spoiler (very cleanly must I add) so I sanded it right down and re-applied !! I guessing you didn't paint under it and I specified a painted spoiler and underside was painted too !!!!

Thanks mate! 

No trouble with light output at all, shines through the tint clearly and just passed mot last Friday. 

I didn’t paint the underside of the spoiler so the tiger seal grips it good, been on for months like that now so yours should be good now 

25 minutes ago, Matt1280 said:

Tinted the fog lights this morning

12C800A1-8FCD-4740-A885-04DA323CBCF0.jpeg

0FAC3988-CADF-4452-A8B4-1A8C02E3502D.jpeg

66E0D4D8-626E-46B8-8E0A-C89960995FA5.jpeg

Thanks, well the spoiler is holding up well, sanding it underneath is something I should of checked or thought about before ! What a nightmare that was !! Car looking good mate, I also tinted the front fog lights and daylight running lights in some smoke tint film, left the head lights though

1 minute ago, ghost_killer said:

Thanks, well the spoiler is holding up well, is something I should of done before ! What a nightmare that was !! Car looking good mate, I also tinted the front fog lights and daylight running lights in some smoke tint film, left the head lights though

Cheers mate👍

Yeah think I’m leaving the headlights for now

• 1 year later...

A few things have been done lately so need to update this! 

removed the front black gloss splitters and fitted a 3 piece splitter.

replaced the badges on the back with gloss black ones. 

Added some side skirt extension flared wings. 

36ED0092-3636-4752-8D73-5534444A2DE9.jpeg

A645DC6D-C364-4516-A93A-3B6BC034F4A3.jpeg

D85EF75B-EB90-4AE4-B7C9-7224F1FE34AB.jpeg

2A3FC504-AC6D-4ECA-B3CC-D88BB3EDF417.jpeg

E9B27053-BFBB-4C4C-922C-E5A13C5CEF0D.jpeg

6F5D38A2-3B2C-4396-9FF4-6642BA01894F.jpeg

62878092-4D4A-4718-98F1-3481F8E63C4A.jpeg

5FFED011-B870-4F9F-809A-70BB94CC9E05.jpeg

• Like 1