Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1993 LS400 - alloy wheels & suspension questions

Hello guys,

I have just purchased a set of alloys and I just want to ask if they will fit without any problems.

The car is a 1993 LS400 and the wheels are 8.5x19 with a 40ET offset for the front and 10x19 with a 45ET offset for the rear.  I want the car to drive well (everyday use) and still maintain a level of comfort.  I also want to change the suspension to BC coilovers with a very small drop in height just so it looks right. 

My concern is will this set up be possible and will I need to roll the arches in case of rubbing? It's an expensive way to find out if it's not going to work.

Many thanks

I'm sure someone will appear to advise you accordingly

BUT my thoughts are simple really, Lexus spent several £ billion to make your Ls400 model, the very very first  Lexus, the very best car in it's class ( and more )  some 30+ years ago

and with I believe 195/60/15 ? tyres , wheels and brakes to match .... Dunlop even produced the specific tyre for this car too, the DZ8 ?

not sure I would be changing what was in it's day " perfection "

just my twopenny worth

Malc

• Like 1

I have 93/94 series two, I would just stay with the supplied 16" and spend the money on the best tyres

Don't forget the car is twenty odd years old

My twopennorth also

Thank you for the replies.

I appreciate everyone has different tastes.  I actually have 16" mk4 alloys on the car at the moment and a set of 17" DHP alloys in the garage which I may use as winter wheels.

runsgrateasanut - your car is just like mine and in the same colour - can I ask where you sourced the clear side repeaters on the wing?

It would be great to get a site that shows you what wheel sizes/offsets work with each car.  I know there are a few wheel fitment guides online, but finding ones that cater for aftermarket wheels and different (perhaps unusual/rare) sizes would be great.  I have already purchased my new wheels and I have attached an image below.

112.jpg

On 9/6/2019 at 6:54 PM, oldgoldlex said:

runsgrateasanut - your car is just like mine and in the same colour - can I ask where you sourced the clear side repeaters on the wing?

Then your Car is Sandstone Beige.

I sourced the Clear indicators from ebay.com in the U.S. and they were s/hand. Can't recall what I paid.

Ooops Edit,  sorry the Side Repeaters are for an MR2. They are slightly different size and so you need to fiddle with the aperture to make them fit. I used the original Rubber backing rather than what came with the new repeaters.

Just glanced and MR2 repeaters at £21.99 these may be the same as I don't recall spending that amount.  ?? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-HILUX-SURF-92-95-CRYSTAL-CLEAR-SIDE-REPEATERS-93/282735662312?hash=item41d45bd4e8:g:0A0AAMXQoiJRgL9y

On 9/6/2019 at 10:45 AM, ROYT said:

I have 93/94 series two, I would just stay with the supplied 16"

yes, my 1994 car was a Mk2 and 16" but my 1992 car was a Mk1 at 15" .....  I don't know when, if in 1993,  it might have changed over

Malc

On 9/8/2019 at 12:13 PM, runsgrateasanut said:

Just glanced and MR2 repeaters at £21.99 these may be the same as I don't recall spending that amount.  ?? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-HILUX-SURF-92-95-CRYSTAL-CLEAR-SIDE-REPEATERS-93/282735662312?hash=item41d45bd4e8:g:0A0AAMXQoiJRgL9y

Thank you.