Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie Question Re: Headlights

waveydavey

Hi all,

This is my first post on the forum. I have tried to find the info i need via searching but i ain't had much look so i apologise if the info i need is already on this forum.

I have a couple of questions about headlights on the IS200 Sport.

We have just purchased an 03 reg IS200 sport and i was toying with putting some PIAA bulbs in to replace the standard one's. I was looking at either the super whites or the xtreme whites. But i noticed on one website that the xtreme's were not road legal. Is this correct???

I run a VW Polo GTi which has xenons as standard and when i get in the Lexus the differance is very noticable. I don't want to start spending silly money so wondered what the above mentioned bulbs were like.

Also does anybody have any pics of what the lights look like when on???

One other thing i saw some demon eyes on e-bay and wondered how easy they were to fit.....I'm no expert so is it a big job that a novicy kinda person can handle or only something for handy person to try??

Cheers

Dave.

Cheers Colin....I think i'll try the Philips BlueVision bulbs listed on their website. I guess i'll just have to live the differance you get after driving a car with xenons. I must admit i never thought i'd say it but i don't think i'd buy another car that doesn't have xenons.... I'll have to get mi other 'alf to get something with xenons when she gets rid of the IS in a few years.

Cheers

Dave.

My Polo has xenons as standard....xenon's as in the ones that are behind thick round lenses....like BMW's or Merc's etc....... (Don't think they're HID's are they??) It's the only Polo in the range that gets them as standard kit. It's the easy way to spot a GTi just look for the xenons.

The car she had before the IS was an MG ZS which had Halfords Laser Blue bulbs fitted.

I'm looking for something that gives a Xenon style light but is still quite bright on the road too and not too expensive either. Thats why i thought of the BlueVision when i saw them on the Philips site. I know the bluer bulbs don't give out as much light as the normal one's....Just trying to find a balance between the two.

Cheers

Dave

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links