Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

Seems an age since I last posted...eventful pre and summer with me having to scrap my wife’s 4ltr S Type at only 70 odd k miles due to head gasket failure...my 1995 Alfa 155 Sport passed all but emissions in its Spanish Test and as I thought needed some exhaust work and a new LAMDA which has not done that much mileage.

So that now means my dearest is now using the LS400 😱. “It’s good...” is all the meaningful comment I can get from my wife...she likes the sports mode...😳 can’t think what that means.

I have to check the tyres regularly as they loose pressure evenly. I don’t know if a much needed refurb will fix that?

Last work I did was for the MOT where the emissions failed on tick over so a new air filter, cat clean and thrash did the trick. 

I’ve  peeling bumper paint and some previous owner dents plus wheels to sort.

when the rear brake pads go i’ll do the complete rears. Few more miles left though.

I’m at 92,000 miles now.

Been drooling over a Bentley GT...then compared against a 460 or 500 which I know are kind of different experiences. Running a Bentley wouldn’t be so bad for me as I do a lot on my motors...whatever happens the 400 is not going.🤗

I have a friend in the motor trade who has been through just about every car imaginable, he currently runs a beautiful fully restored E type. He had a Bentley for a couple of years and complained that it was one of the most unreliable cars he's had, mostly due to electrical issues with the same duff components being shared with Audi.  Stick with the LS, there's literally nothing like it!

• Like 3

I also looked at a Bentley as there are so many available for silly money and low mileage, plus have been very well cared for. Problem is if you read the reviews, you need a good warranty. They have an awful reliability reputation, plus a friend who had one, a new rear wheel bearing was £4K. Agree nothing like a Lexus LS

• Like 3

my next door neighbour has a 04 plate Bentley ( DJI 2020 ....... does about 2k miles a year, ) and a Audi Q6 ? and a classic Jensen Interceptor and I just know he cannot find a buyer for it

He's so disinterested in the thing that he missed it's MOT this year by many many months even tho' it often sits out on the road !

My indy mechanic tells me if I had one he would be trailering it down to him for tlc and repairs more than I would be using it .....  he thinks the Lsa400 is a brilliant car for me and 15k miles a year  :yahoo:

Malc

• Like 3

Hello Malc my friend - nice to hear from you.

Yes I can't and won't get rid of the LS400...probs you won't remember...one of my first posts was a comment of mine saying I'd use the 400 until I bought something more flash having just dusted off and sold my useless 2003 Jag XKR...now look...my LS400 my pride and joy 🤣

A lot of Bentleys are 5 owner cars...does that mean a lot of dreamers? 5 crops up a lot...enough to be a pattern.

They certainly have gremlins although the drive train and more are fab.

I was only dreaming...other half is expecting a kitchen to the same value. Guess who will win...

If I did get another carriage - Lexus...has to be. But the 400 stays.

• Like 3