Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2014 Lexus RX450H Suspension Links

I bought my 2014 Lexus RX450H in January of this year with a mileage of 35K on it. It was from a non-Lexus dealer so I decided to get one of the 2-year warranty deals from Lexus themselves and duly spent around 2-hours in their facility whilst the car went through a thorough (or so I thought) health check since without one Lexus would not entertain putting a warranty on the car. Everything was spot on and I duly paid out the £995. The car is due an MOT and service this month having only reached 38K miles, so I booked it in and was somewhat taken by surprise to be told the front and rear suspension links required changing, ideally now, but certainly in the next 12-months. The cost was a staggering £1100 and £1200 respectively.

My question is why was this not picked up either as an advisory or future requirement during the January check-over for the 2-year warranty? I am amazed these are in this state after only 38K miles and would welcome any comments on this from perhaps members who have had previous experience. Incidentally, I do not take it off-roading or anything like that.

10 minutes ago, oweyes said:

I bought my 2014 Lexus RX450H in January of this year with a mileage of 35K on it. It was from a non-Lexus dealer so I decided to get one of the 2-year warranty deals from Lexus themselves and duly spent around 2-hours in their facility whilst the car went through a thorough (or so I thought) health check since without one Lexus would not entertain putting a warranty on the car. Everything was spot on and I duly paid out the £995. The car is due an MOT and service this month having only reached 38K miles, so I booked it in and was somewhat taken by surprise to be told the front and rear suspension links required changing, ideally now, but certainly in the next 12-months. The cost was a staggering £1100 and £1200 respectively.

My question is why was this not picked up either as an advisory or future requirement during the January check-over for the 2-year warranty? I am amazed these are in this state after only 38K miles and would welcome any comments on this from perhaps members who have had previous experience. Incidentally, I do not take it off-roading or anything like that.

Hi Paul,

Does the Lexus Dealer have a record of the fact that your vehicle is covered by the Extended Warranty ?

If no,then tell him.

If yes, then ask him to explain why the front and rear suspension links are not covered by the Warranty.

We will all be waiting with baited breath for the answer.

Good luck.

• Like 1

A car bought from a Lexus dealership normally comes with a 12 month warranty but you say it was bought from a non Lexus dealer.  Was a 12 month warranty given with the car and what did this cover? Early replacement of expensive part  is beginning to worry me.  Suggest you check warranty and take up with seller and hopefully obtain satisfactory outcome. 

Thank you all for your responses so far - I have once again been on to Lexus and they are going to look into this with the warranty company! I said this is a 2-year EXTENDED WARRANTY WITH LEXUS - To which the response was we are on your side but Lexus subcontract out their warranties to 3rd parties!! I will get an answer tomorrow on this.

To Barry14UK -  I got the 2-year from Lexus themselves and when it got taken out there was no mention of the issue with the suspension links - Now 4K miles later they are a problem and at 38K miles too, which IMHO is not on. This will not rest in my books until solved and I will update as and when to you all.

• Like 1

UPDATE: The good news is that after a series of discussions with their warranty company, Lexus have got the go-ahead to do the rear suspension links. The front ones are only showing signs of perishing, so they are being left alone for the time being. Hopefully not another issue to replace them when the time comes.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, oweyes said:

UPDATE: The good news is that after a series of discussions with their warranty company, Lexus have got the go-ahead to do the rear suspension links. The front ones are only showing signs of perishing, so they are being left alone for the time being. Hopefully not another issue to replace them when the time comes.

Congratulations Paul.

A good job you asked the Forum,eh ?

• Like 2

All said and done, one should not have to go to extremes to get what is rightfully due in these warranties. The Extended Warranty (Lexus not other 3rd parties) clearly states what is and what is not covered.

21 minutes ago, oweyes said:

All said and done, one should not have to go to extremes to get what is rightfully due in these warranties. The Extended Warranty (Lexus not other 3rd parties) clearly states what is and what is not covered.

Try telling them that then Paul.

They do not know the meaning of "wear and tear"

Hi Lager Shandy - No need for the old parts since they (like other service centres) make a video recording of the whole inspection and the separation of the bushes was visually seem.