Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wipers

SH20

Anyone think the wiper action on their ES loud.    The blades just seem so loud as they sweep across the screen.   Reverted to having the audio on when it rains to drown the sound. Dealer let me sit in his ES and they seemed the same.  My memory of my previous GS and LS wipers was one of quiet operation.  

My Mercedes and BMW are both noisy; well they were until replaced with quality Bosch replacements after the same irritation as you’re experiencing Steve. (Excel+)

Thank you for the heads up, collecting next week 🤘

My BMW e60 had loud wipers and only the bought from BMW were more or less fine. I tried Bosch and something else but they all either were loud or not lasting long at all. From that point I always buy wipers from car manufacture even though they are double the price.

My wife Passat had very very quite wipers, couldn't hear them when they were operating!

I am surprised as your ES is so new, may be it is a design flow? It would irritate me a lot, especially with wet season approaching!

• 3 weeks later...

My error,  realised I did a quick clean of the front screen recently with a cloth that had polish on it.   De greased the screen and wipers are now quiet. 

Mine make a small noise at the top of the sweep just as they turn to return to the park position.  The ES has only done a couple of hundred miles so may need softening up a bit more?

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2019 at 6:46 PM, SH20 said:

My error,  realised I did a quick clean of the front screen recently with a cloth that had polish on it.   De greased the screen and wipers are now quiet. 

I’ve noticed my wipers are also noisy, even after having them replaced at the dealer. What did you use to degrease they windscreen? 

I used Eco Pro  Degreaser.  This is a solution that is used immediately after machine polishing paintwork and will strip all the residues of the polish so that the panels are ultra clean before wax is applied.     Go to Clean Your Car Huddersfield's website who are an internet company that sell everything for car detailing.  

I guess you could try an alcohol based product on a soft cloth such as methylated  spirit (the purple stuff)  which would do the same job.   It would be cheaper too.

What is the performance really like on your GSF  F.A?, I can only imagine it's something of the charts and with a proper 8 speed auto box using the paddles would be hoot, yes?  

On 10/30/2019 at 7:16 PM, SH20 said:

I used Eco Pro  Degreaser.  This is a solution that is used immediately after machine polishing paintwork and will strip all the residues of the polish so that the panels are ultra clean before wax is applied.     Go to Clean Your Car Huddersfield's website who are an internet company that sell everything for car detailing.  

I guess you could try an alcohol based product on a soft cloth such as methylated  spirit (the purple stuff)  which would do the same job.   It would be cheaper too.

Thank you, I will give it a try this weekend... weather permitting! 

On 10/30/2019 at 7:21 PM, SH20 said:

What is the performance really like on your GSF  F.A?, I can only imagine it's something of the charts and with a proper 8 speed auto box using the paddles would be hoot, yes?  

The GSF is addictive. It has way too much performance for the road but it’s nice to have it there. I wanted a V8 before everything went electric and the noise is wonderful. The box works well with the paddles but I mostly leave it in auto for my daily commute. 

• Thanks 1