Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First 1000 miles in used ct

Lexus1960

Bought my used ct200 advance plus in August and have just clocked up the first 1000 miles in it.

heres my thoughts so far in the hope it will help other potential buyers just as this site helped me decide.

This is my first ct though 3rd hybrid. The 2 main improvements after the facelift were meant to be ride comfort and to make the cot transmission more linear with actual speed.

ride - there's no getting away from the fact the ride is on the firm side but certainly not firm enough to complain about. My previous car, a Mazda 2, is praised for its ride and handling and this car isn't that far removed from it. However, if the facelift is an improvement then I can see why pre-facelift versions could be marked down for this.

linear transmission - had a first gen auris hybrid which was quite loud and thrash you when pushed hard ( same engine ) Lexus have made massive improvements here and the engine tone is much more refined to my ears.

Drove A roads, B roads, motorways, dual carriageways and country lanes and the CT appears quite adaptable to all these...not just a city car!

So far, the onboard computer is averaging out at 58 mpg. Happy with this and see no need to verify this with a brim to brim check.

minor annoyances:

The small fuel tank. At first, it appears the car is guzzling fuel until you get to the pumps and find it doesn't cost quite so much to fill up.

Setting up the DAB radio is not user friendly at all.

USB connector not practical. Why could this not have been fitted inside the arm rest storage like other cars? Luckily, I found a usb stick small enough to get the lid closed.

overall though, very happy with the car and looking forward to many more relaxing miles of motoring.

Finally, just like the to say the quality of service from my local dealer, Lexus Edinburgh, has been excellent.

Hope this helps someone :-)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had my ct 3 years now, agree with your review,especially the DAB ,took me about an hour to tune preset stations,had one in my previous car took 2 minutes.

Agree Lexus Newbridge are a helpful bunch,i'm in the same area so may see you about on your travels.

The DAB tuning is indeed a puzzling pain and Lexus' Achilles heel. If they could improve on that then it's pretty hard to fault overall I'd say. Rear legroom is a bit cramped and some improved storage, for rear passengers, would be welcomed. I've had mine for almost a year and will be putting up a review of my first year of ownership soon. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links