Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Monthly Service Plans?

Kopper

Hi

I am in picking up my first Lexus car next week from a Lexus dealer and have a few questions about the Service Plans.

It is a RX450H 2011 model with 97k miles. I have bought the extended 2 years warranty so will have 3 years Lexus Warranty in total.

As the condition of the warranty is to have Lexus servicing, I would like to pay monthly towards the cost of servicing over 2-3 years.

1) Do i take up the monthly service plan now even though the car I am buying has been serviced recently?

2) Can I instead wait 10 months and then take the plan and will that cover my first service in the 12 months time?

3) What is the Gold membership and will that allow me to pay monthly and have reduced prices?

4) If i take the Service Plan at the dealership i bought the car from, can i used any Lexus dealership for the service?

Thank you

You've got the answers to all these questions in your other thread Ben.

1 and 2 - I'm sure you can do either. I'm almost certain that you can start paying now but the service plan won't actually be activated until the next service is required. The beauty of that (if it can indeed be done) is that you preempt any price rises over the period of cover. However, a quick phone call to the dealer will give you a definitive answer as to what you can do.

3 - Gold Membership is £39.95 annually and as long as your chosen dealer is signed up to the scheme it will pay for itself immediately in the discount you'll get on the service plan, so it's a no-brainer to do it. Also, if you refer back to the paperwork I posted yesterday you'll see that you can indeed pay monthly. I'll be making one payment at just under £227 and eighteen payments at about £52.

4. As I said yesterday:

Service plans are dealer-group specific but the warranty can be claimed on nationwide, Land's End to John O'Groats and all points in between.

As an example, Lexus Preston is part of the Vantage Group, as are Lexus Birmingham, Lexus Wolverhampton and Lexus Leeds. If I take out a service plan with Preston, I could have servicing done at any of those other branches, but I couldn't go to, say, Lexus Carlisle because they aren't part of the Vantage Group.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Herbie said:

You've got the answers to all these questions in your other thread Ben.

1 and 2 - I'm sure you can do either. I'm almost certain that you can start paying now but the service plan won't actually be activated until the next service is required. The beauty of that (if it can indeed be done) is that you preempt any price rises over the period of cover. However, a quick phone call to the dealer will give you a definitive answer as to what you can do.

3 - Gold Membership is £39.95 annually and as long as your chosen dealer is signed up to the scheme it will pay for itself immediately in the discount you'll get on the service plan, so it's a no-brainer to do it. Also, if you refer back to the paperwork I posted yesterday you'll see that you can indeed pay monthly. I'll be making one payment at just under £227 and eighteen payments at about £52.

4. As I said yesterday:

As an example, Lexus Preston is part of the Vantage Group, as are Lexus Birmingham, Lexus Wolverhampton and Lexus Leeds. If I take out a service plan with Preston, I could have servicing done at any of those other branches, but I couldn't go to, say, Lexus Carlisle because they aren't part of the Vantage Group.

Thanks Herbie for making it crystal clear

11 minutes ago, Kopper said:

Thanks Herbie for making it crystal clear

No worries mate but do check with the dealer first. I'm only a Lexus owner like most of us in here and I don't work for them, so may be wrong.

If you choose to pay for a service plan monthly then it is in effect a savings account. If you have not got enough in there when the service is due you may be asked to pay a top-up on the day. So best time to start the monthly payment service plan is straight after a service. You tell Lexus how any services you think will be needed over 2 years (I have 3 for example as I do about 15000 miles per annum) and then they give you a price for that which you can either pay upfront or by DD each month - there is no interest added for the convenience of monthly payments.

• Like 2

On 9/11/2019 at 11:40 AM, wharfhouse said:

If you choose to pay for a service plan monthly then it is in effect a savings account. If you have not got enough in there when the service is due you may be asked to pay a top-up on the day. So best time to start the monthly payment service plan is straight after a service. You tell Lexus how any services you think will be needed over 2 years (I have 3 for example as I do about 15000 miles per annum) and then they give you a price for that which you can either pay upfront or by DD each month - there is no interest added for the convenience of monthly payments.

Thanks. 

I only do up to 6k miles a year so will only need 1 service a year

9 minutes ago, Kopper said:

Thanks. 

I only do up to 6k miles a year so will only need 1 service a year

Yep - the services will be done on an annual basis in that case rather than miles (12 months or 10k between services) - if you want to get the service plan and to pay monthly, call Lexus and tell them that you will need 2 services over 2 years (it will be one major and one minor - the order depending on which it had last) and that you want to start the plan today with the first service due in a year's time from the previous one (which you say was recent). That way you will be able to spread the cost of the 2 services over the 24'ish months (depending on when the first is due) and so keep your monthly payments down to the minimum. If you wait until the next service is due to start the service plan you will have to pay that service in full and then the plan would run 2 years from that service for the next 2 services...

• Like 2