Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New member with an ls400

Crankshaft

I agree with Malc. The most reliable and the finest car I have ever known. I have owned mine for 10 years and she has only ever gone wrong once by breaking down when one of the oxygen sensors decided it had had enough. Enjoy.

• Like 2

Collected the car from Scotland this afternoon and drove back to Manchester.
The seller had fitted a brand new Battery for me, but I fear it may be scrap already. When I got home the front of the car stinks of Battery acid, the Battery is hot and has lost a fair amount of fluid.
Suspect the alternator or wiring has issues, shame.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

how terrible for you

the Ls400 isn't known for problems such as these ............  in fact never heard of it before

the alternator does sometimes go pop when the power steering  fluid may leak from it's reservoir onto it but this is really only known on the earlier cars, pre 1995

maybe check that out first

the Battery, well, if it was a brand new Battery then it shouldn't have " gone " for sure

sorry I can't be of more help :zorro:

Malc

Charging issue fixed.
Turned out to be the positive terminal, it was badly corroded where the cables are bolted to the Battery clamp. Cleaned off with a wire brush and refitted. All is well, however I think the Battery has suffered.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

• Like 2