Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

11 hours ago, OldTrout said:

Andy,

A bit far perhaps but Summertown Garage on the north side of Kidlington do an excellent job on mine. Few miles off M40 J9. Pm me for more details.

John

Thanks John

It is quite far and I’d have to wait with the car. Have they done the major service on yours? If so was it significantly cheaper than a main dealer and worth the journey?

Andy,

Waiting facilities not great. I take dog for walk as it is on the edge of the countryside on north side of Kidlington. Look up Summertown Garage, oxford on google.

I now follow the Britprius plan: MOT and minor service every year. This is because main differences between main and minor services are visual checks which is done for MOT. This year just under £200, last year just over! There are some infrequent items which Britprius will tell you about. E.g. plugs at 60,000 if the car is running OK are unnecessary. Good plugs can easily do 100,000.

I check the brakes are not sticking before MOT and have done disks and pads once. My advisories this year were slight exhaust leak which I shall have to do as the system is original and 132k miles, small cut on tyre which I can’t find and a deteriorating number plate fitted by Lexus at last Lexus service two years ago!

The garage is fully qualified for hybrids. They are a lovely bunch. My only connection is as happy customer - 52 consecutive MOTs.

John

• 2 weeks later...

I have used the Lexus service centre at Coventry for as long as it has been there. I am on my third Gs, ( and my  20th year)

currently a gs450h and these people have always been fair with me when other dealers wanted to charge small fortunes for servicing and minor fault corrections. I bought the current car from a non-lexus used car dealer and it had a full history but not a lexus history. It became obvious previous service agents new very little about lexus standards and even less about servicing this car. All is well now. They always give me a car for the day while they have mine and the centre is comfortable and always offer me tea or coffee.

I have tried other service centres but non match this one.

steve

I suppose there's nothing wrong having your car serviced by independent garage, provided they know what they doing.. 

Unfortunately that is not always the case. I've had few good experiences with Indies.. and lots of bad ones. 

Also to preserve the value of the car, it would be wise to have it serviced by Lexus or if you can't afford it, at least try Toyota.