Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've got a 10 year old RX400hSE. I upgraded the sat nav a few years back but recently it has started producing very strange routes which take me significantly out of my way. I've gone into the settings and checked them (one reason may be that it appears to have defaulted to no toll roads, which may have meant it was avoiding the Dartford Crossing). However, it is still doing very strange things eg 2 miles from my home it directs me on a route which is 6 miles long to get there. Anyone experiencing anything similar or has any suggestions to resolve? I'm not minded to spend another £150 on an upgrade.   

Smart phone vent clip put phone on holder and there you have a cheap fix and great google sat nav . Rather than taking your car to the garage and spending lots of money .i use this set up in my company van it normally gives you 3 routes to choose from and if you fancy diverting just put in search say coffee shop it will show lots of ones closet first .so quick so easy.

• Like 1

The Lexus satnav is clunky, outdated and counter-intuitive - far better to use Google Maps or Waze on your phone, or even a stand-alone satnav such as a TomTom.

If I remember rightly your satnav is even DVD-based so you can't add in your own Points Of Interest or speed camera database, which makes it about as useless as a chocolate teapot. And believe it or not, the Lexus nav in my late 2013 RX450h isn't much better either.

I mount my phone using a CD-slot mount and it works brilliantly - it really is far better than the factory system in every way.

cdmount2.thumb.jpg.4fb1c7425da7c2504dc9f8c89126cb95.jpgcdmount3.thumb.jpg.41c381919da14cc8fb5f28c2a3127285.jpg

• Like 2