Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2005 lexus gs300 engine reliability

Rameez

Hello

I am very interested in buying a 2005 my lexus gs300 hopefully with around 100k miles and se-l as they are bargains and are good comfy cars as far as I can tell. 

However I've read a bit on the Internet about them having engine problems and failures, mainly due to direct injection. 

I was wondering how common this is and if it is really an issue I need to worry about 

I am extra cautios as I have just had to scrap a subaru due to engine failure and it was supposed to be bullet proof. 

Thanks 

Hi

Engine issues aren't common, but then again the GS300 isn't a common car. The issues with direct injection will cause carbon build up on the inlet valves leading to poor idling and high oil consumption - it won't cause an engine failure.

If possible check for cold startup engine rattle but check out other potential problem areas such as worn suspension and steering.

Thanks for your response, will keep other areas in mind. I've read about shocks and exhausts but not about steering. How do you know if there is a problem with the steering and what is the repair? 

Thanks