Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've come back to Lexus.

Bowserman

After owning a RX400h for a while and moving into an old BMW 7 series, I decided that I was throwing away too much money on fuel and repairs.

Fancied a is300h, however, the ones within my budget (this is a second car to a new Mini which the missus drives) were terrible.

We looked at an IS and a CT yesterday in Keighley which were high mileage but FSH. What a waste of time that was. The IS had dings all over it and stank of smoke, was covered in cobwebs and just lokked crap. The CT had bigger dents along the side and a clearly badly painted front bumper.

Anyway, decided I would rather buy a low mileage one from a main dealer, so had to go older, but have put a deposit down on a late 2011 CT SE-L Premier one owner car with 47k from Lexus Sheffield. Pick it up next Saturday, train is booked! Looking forward to getting more mpg. Anyone want a 20 year old 7 series?

1 hour ago, Bowserman said:

After owning a RX400h for a while and moving into an old BMW 7 series, I decided that I was throwing away too much money on fuel and repairs.

Fancied a is300h, however, the ones within my budget (this is a second car to a new Mini which the missus drives) were terrible.

We looked at an IS and a CT yesterday in Keighley which were high mileage but FSH. What a waste of time that was. The IS had dings all over it and stank of smoke, was covered in cobwebs and just lokked crap. The CT had bigger dents along the side and a clearly badly painted front bumper.

Anyway, decided I would rather buy a low mileage one from a main dealer, so had to go older, but have put a deposit down on a late 2011 CT SE-L Premier one owner car with 47k from Lexus Sheffield. Pick it up next Saturday, train is booked! Looking forward to getting more mpg. Anyone want a 20 year old 7 series?

Welcome back Chris.

The Premier seems to be a good package and is my choice if I were to trade down from my GS 450h.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bowserman said:

Welcome back. Enjoy your new purchase.

Welcome back. I 'defected' to the Germanic dark side myself a couple of times and also realised I was wasting money and getting fed up with spending too much time and money taking my car to and from the repair shop.

When I regrettably sold my last Lexus (2006 IS250) a few years ago the sales adviser at the Lexus dealership said I'd be back again one day and would be welcomed. 2.5 years later, he was absolutely right, on both counts. For overall reliability, quality and superb customer service I genuinely can't think of a brand that can beat these high standards. 

Enjoy the CT. It'll be a different driving experience for sure but a fun and interesting one. 

• Like 1

Picked it up today and well impressed. We have owned a Prius in the past and I thought they may be similar, but not by a long shot.

Dealer filled it with fuel which was nice, and sitting at 65 all the way home displayed 62mpg, which I am happy with.

Next job is to get a set of Michelin Cross Climates on for the winter.

IMG_2262.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/19/2019 at 6:21 PM, Bowserman said:

Thanks, can’t wait, got the train booked to Sheffield on Saturday morning.

insurance was a bit of a shock mind, £77 to change my BMW 7 series to the CT for 6 months till it runs out. 

Hi.

When your insurance is due for renewal please feel free to give us a try if you wish.

Regards,

Dan.