Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My 'Ageing' NX

Well folks, my lovely NX will be 5 years old in November and, I am wondering what economically viable options will be available to me at that time.

Currently I have a Service Plan in force along with a Lexus Warranty.  At the 5 year point it will have enjoyed a  Full Lexus Service History.

I will definitely be replacing the Warranty when it runs out in January

My car has 31K on the clock and so I am wondering what route to take, particularly with regard to the Service Plan.  I have heard of, but am not familiar with, a cheaper servicing option and am wondering if any fellow members actually make use of this or, do they still go for the standard servicing plan.

Many thanks.

• Like 1

Mine is of similar age and millage, my service plan has 2 more years to run, with no special discount added, my last service my dealership we're trying to sell me an extended warranty plan again not at a discounted price

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

I have learnt today that Lexus do not offer the 'Lexus Essential Care ' servicing option for the NX as yet.

I have been offered the normal servicing option at £37.65 per month for 32 months, which gives a total outlay of £1204.80.  This apparently gives 1 Intermediate Service and two Full Services apparently.  One of the full services will be the 60K miles jobby. It also includes the cost of 3 MOT's.

I can buy the Lexus warranty, which I have at the moment and which I intend to renew and, which covers two full years and also gives the Lexus Roadside Assistance for me and her indoors, whatever car we might be in at the time of the breakdown.

I haven't done any research yet to determine if there are any cheaper options.

I find the service plan worthwhile in the sense that it is inflation proof and overall works out cheaper than the individual services, MOTs etc added together. Mine is substantially more expensive than yours, but this is no doubt because my annual mileage is way above average. The service plan therefore needs to include more services.

One point worth noting: I got 15% discount on my service plan simply by being a member of this forum.

1 hour ago, bluenose1940 said:

Hi Daniel, thank you for your input.  Was your discount granted simply because you are a member or because you are a Gold member?

Because I am a Gold Member. When you become a member, you receive a Membership Card. Upon presentation, your dealership service department will add your card details to your file and then automatically apply the discount to services, repair bills, etc. At least this is the way my dealership works.

Careful though... not all Lexus dealerships participate in this. Might be worth checking with them first. Also check the Gold Members tab at the top of this page.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links