Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm trying to sort an 02 sensor saga which has been going on for a few months with my 430

part of the problem is finding a decent garage who I can trust with the simple but awkward problem.

Ok - few months back had the engine light come on but no change or loss in performance - this was diagnosed as Bank 1 Sensor 1 02 sensor - simple I thought so bought an 02 sensor and took it to garage one to have it replaced - they put it on ramp and start job - then the guy comes back a short while later and says the wiring is damaged  but they will do something (I did not have a look myself)

After an hour job all done - drove off and 3 miles later light is back on - rang garage they say it must be the sensor I bought so quoted for a new sensor. - I did not take car back to them.

Because I bought the sensor off eBay I thought I would get a genuine Denso sensor and try another garage - left the car with garage two and he rang me back shortly to say the connector plug was missing and the wiring had become disconnected hence the light but he will try to join the wires - he tried it but the light has come back on within 3 miles. At this point I am assuming the issue is the same.

I think the previous owners of my car had the sensor replaced by cutting and joining the wires OR the connectors were damaged (being so close the exhaust) and the repair was done.

So issue one is finding and connecting the wires correctly and issue two is the position where the join takes place - those of you who have done this job know its right next to the exhaust under the car and access is very limited.

So what I'm asking is does anyone know what wire is connected where - there are 4 wires and secondly can anyone recommend a decent garage around Beds/Bucks area who would be willing to tackle this job.

Any suggestions will be welcome.

17 hours ago, cruisermark said:

So what I'm asking is does anyone know what wire is connected where - there are 4 wires and secondly can anyone recommend a decent garage around Beds/Bucks area who would be willing to tackle this job.

i had my 02 sensor replaced at Jem Lexus up in north London its about 45mins drive from beds/bucks area they are certified Suzuki dealership and have Lexus trained technicians so they know their way around one.. I have had my 02 sensor replaced by them and my brake fluid, rear diff fluid and gearbox fluid all done by them with no issues.. so worth the drive.

email or give them a call for a fitting quote.. mine was £75 to fit after i supplied the part... link below was where i sourced mine.. see if they stock ones for LS..

http://jemlexus.co.uk/

https://www.sparkplugs.co.uk/denso-direct-fit-lambda-sensor-dox-0541

Thanks for you reply guys and links - ill save these and if all fails I will look these guys up - probably better if I can fit it in when I go that way to pick I'm my niece from uni.

Frustrating that simple job has turned so awkward - hopefully "soon" I wont have to hear the "ping" everytime I start the car