Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Multimedia Synchronisation

SH20

Having watched an idiot's guide to linking your smart phone to the car's multimedia system on YouTube I must be an idiot or my entry level ES300h does not have the tech to allow me to link my phone via wi fi.  Not talking about pairing the phone.  Already done that, straightforward. 

The video clearly shows how to pair your phone  and then the next thing is to pair the wi fi function and the video says select set up and scroll down to wi fi  on the left hand side of the screen after activating hot spot on your phone   But there is no wi fi  listed to click on and therefore the wi fi pairing step can't proceed.   Do you think it's because my car has the smaller 8.5 inch screen?   After pairing the wi fi you would then need to link the multimedia system to your My Lexus link account.   This link is the video on YouTube.  Any obvious things I should have done first?      Lexus supply a hep line number 9-5pm   which they say will allow a tech to talk you through the process while you are in the car so maybe I will end up ringing that.

https://youtu.be/uHeo8xnPd9U

• Like 1

Lexus took me through the wi fi pairing of my phone in my ES today without any problems.  The track pad needed to be swiped in the set up screen to reveal the additional options, the wi fi option for example.   So all paired up and phone is now registered via the My Lexus app.  Now possible to send new journeys from my laptop to the car.

• Like 1

I thought I was set up after speaking with Lexus and technically I was but the car's multimedia failed to connect with the internet due to low signal strength.  Although I know that the wi fi hot spot and blue tooth need to be switched on my mobile I didn't appreciate the signal strength of the wi fi connection had to be so strong.   I ended up driving half a mile before I saw a message on the car's screen saying connections are now enabled which then allowed me to see the journeys I had sent to the car from my home PC.     

On 9/18/2019 at 4:22 PM, SH20 said:

Lexus took me through the wi fi pairing of my phone in my ES today without any problems.  The track pad needed to be swiped in the set up screen to reveal the additional options, the wi fi option for example.   So all paired up and phone is now registered via the My Lexus app.  Now possible to send new journeys from my laptop to the car.

I had the same issue, to get to the WiFi and online settings needs a longer swipe down on the trackpad

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 4:22 PM, SH20 said:

I've never managed to get journeys set up at home to be sent to the car.  The system says successfully sent to the car but there's nothing at the car's end.  I'm connected via BT and wifi and I'm set up on Lexus Link but nada.  It's either an operator error or there's a compatibility issue with the Iphone Pro Max.

Not sure if I'm reading your problem it right  but   type this link into YouTube if it doesn't send you straight to YouTube.  It's the Lexus video covering all aspects of enabling your journeys to be seen in your multi media system.  

https://youtu.be/uHeo8xnPd9U   

22 minutes ago, SH20 said:

Thanks Steve.  Yes, that sorted it.  Now to sort out a couple of other things:  how do you get the route (to share with car) into miles?  Mine is showing the route distance in km and why do I need to contact the dealer to complete the process so I can "enjoy" all the features?

Cheers

Peter

Not sure about the miles and kms Pete, I will check the routes in my system and see what they show and get back to you.   Re:  The thing about the dealer showing you the features is more about them showing you how to set up. I don't know what other features there are.   Remember the USA get Alexa and all that stuff that allows the system to talk to home devices etc while on the move, not something we get in the UK

I can’t seem to connect to Connected Services without contacting the dealer to help complete the process.  My only other option is skip and I remain unconnected.  I’ll keep trying...

Deleted Lexus Link and then set it up again.  All connected again such as BT and wifi except the connected services bit where I sign the Terms and Privacy Notice and then Connect Car.  Each time it says and error occurred and it then automatically goes into the LL app but I don't have Connected Services.  Has everyone else got the full Connected Services bit?

Cheers

Peter

We need to understand what full connected services are.    I will ask Lexus tech help via their website  "ask a question"     Maybe FCS  is  for specific countries.