Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Windscreen wiper sweep..

Anyone know if it's possible to adjust the sweep of the drivers side windscreen wiper. The wiper on mine returns about 2 inches short of the screen A pillar right leaving a really annoying dirty wet patch in my eyeline. I've tried taking the wiper off and moving it around 1 spline but when I do that it hits the wiper sweeps too far and hits the A pillar. 

It's on a 206 Rx400h by the way. 

I don't know how to adjust it but I have the same problem and it annoys me too, especially when traveling on muddy country roads!  I wondered about moving the wiper position on the spline but I won't bother given your experience as I assume the 3RX range of adjustment is similar to the 2 RX.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2019 at 8:55 PM, Keeling54 said:

Anyone know if it's possible to adjust the sweep of the drivers side windscreen wiper. The wiper on mine returns about 2 inches short of the screen A pillar right leaving a really annoying dirty wet patch in my eyeline. I've tried taking the wiper off and moving it around 1 spline but when I do that it hits the wiper sweeps too far and hits the A pillar. 

It's on a 206 Rx400h by the way. 

Maybe contact Lexus for their advice?

The wiper arms should be set to a mark that is on the windscreen, a small dot.To do this you will have to remove the wiper arm and sand/file the existing high points from the wiper arm and reposition on the splined shaft from the motor. This is tapered and will recut the splines in the wiper arm as it is ally on steel.

I used to build Toyotas and had to do this a few times when the wipers were fitted to motors that had been activated prior to the arms being fitted. 

hth

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links