Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

All windows down!

Came out to the car a week ago and found all the windows open. No rain.

Yesterday the same thing, again no rain and assume a fully charged Battery.

Long hold of the button on the key fob does bring all windows down [and up] as it should.

Any suggestions as to what causes this please? 

Had the car six years without problem. Now with 60,000 miles and in excellent general condition, fully serviced etc.

Yes, IIRC Lexus started to disable this feature as default  where the fob would open all of the windows for this reason about 10 years ago. I was informed of this when I noticed that our 2007 IS would do this but our 2011 model wouldn’t. 

• Like 1

That's very interesting.  A couple of times over the 12 or so years this has happened on my BMW but was down to the FOB being inadvertently pressed  in my pocket.  However, I do like to be able to remotely vent a car using this facility and in fact is one of the things Lexus Cheltenham are due to code in next week because my RX lacks this feature presently.  However, I am having further thoughts if it is problematical on the RX. 

The first time it happened I put it down to an inadvertent press of the key fob button but not the second incident.

It is not just the obvious security threat but given the amount of electrics in the doors I wonder how much damage could be down in a downpour with all the windows open. I will be glad to see the back of this option.