Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX F-Sport - Auto Door Mirror Dipping in Reverse Gear

Ok, I'm a little confused (easy to do) but in a happy way. I have recently acquired a new NX 300h F-Sport with Takumi Pack. I believed that the function whereby the door mirrors dipped down so that you could see the kerb when you're in Reverse, only worked on cars with the Seat Memory Function - which the F-Sport doesn't have.

Then today, I was playing with the mirrors and seem to have managed to switch on the function. I can explain how I did it if anyone wants to know, but I wondered - was I wrong about not being meant to have it, or have I "discovered something"...? 🤔 

Thoughts?

On my LS430 I too discovered it by accident shortly after thinking "why did that stop working?".  When the switch is in the middle section, the mirrors don't dip. When the switch is set to the left or right, then lo and behold, it miraculously starts working again.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Yes, seems this feature is available on the F-Sport, without the Seat Memory function. How to do it? Well, this is how I did it...

1. Start the hybrid system and keep your foot on the brake.

2. Put it into reverse while keeping your foot on the brake.

3. Press the R or L button on the door mirror switch. The mirror will probably shuffle a bit and stop. Move the mirror into your preferred position when reversing (eg. down towards the ground).

4. Switch to the other mirror and do the same, all while still in reverse but holding the car still on the brake. (I don't know if there's a way to do this without the hybrid system running.)

5. And here's the thing - leave the switch in the R or L position (not centre), and the settings you've set will take effect every time you put the car in reverse;  and reset to normal position when not in reverse.

Voila.

Steve

17 hours ago, graham8370 said:

Sorry Geoff, you're right. Can't believe the  'Drivers seat memory'  wasn't fitted to a car in 2014.

It was... depending on the version you were willing to pay for.

21 hours ago, Ken R said:

As far as I am aware unfortunately this isn't a feature on the NX Luxury. 

I followed the instructions that @Steve Oliver kindly provided on my 2018 NX Luxury  - to no avail.

There is a setting on the NX that turns the "auto-dipping mirror" function on but unfortunately it is a dealer-only setting (unless you have the means to alter it yourself via an OBD2 adaptor). Having said that, I believe that the default setting is ON anyway.

I would agree with comments made elsewhere on the forum saying that there needs to be some kind of memory function inbuilt to the car to allow the mirrors to revert to their main setting once the car is taken out of reverse.

On 9/22/2019 at 1:36 PM, bluenose1940 said:

I had this feature on my IS Premier and loved it.  Do you know if it will work on an NX Luxury?

It's fascinating how you people find out how to do these things or is it in the manual and most people don't spot it.

I don't think this is in the manual as applicable to the FSport. It's supposed to only apply to the Takumi grade now (which is now the top grade in 2019). Ie. Only in cars with seat memory.

• 1 month later...

I’ve got a new NX F Sport with Takumi pack for a few days from today whilst I’m getting a tiny paint defect sorted on my new ES Takumi and was surprised to find both mirrors dipping when in reverse.  Missing my ES though as the F Sport seats in the NX are, for me, too narrow and not as cosseting.

I have F-Sport with Takumi Pack & mirrors work perfectly when in reverse etc.

The only extras missing from my car are no memory seats, no heated rear seats & no cooling for the front but an F-Sport with AVS was by far the better option as the latter transforms the ride.

Tel

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tel said:

I have F-Sport with Takumi Pack & mirrors work perfectly when in reverse etc.

The only extras missing from my car are no memory seats, no heated rear seats & no cooling for the front but an F-Sport with AVS was by far the better option as the latter transforms the ride.

Tel

Are you saying that your mirrors dip when you select reverse, but that you do not have memory seats?

40 minutes ago, DanD said:

Are you saying that your mirrors dip when you select reverse, but that you do not have memory seats?

Correct.  The NX F Sport I’m driving for a few days doesn’t have memory seats but set the mirrors when reverse is engaged and the mirror position is locked in.  Mirrors return to normal driving position upon engaging D or P.

• Like 1

Correct.  The NX F Sport I’m driving for a few days doesn’t have memory seats but set the mirrors when reverse is engaged and the mirror position is locked in.  Mirrors return to normal driving position upon engaging D or P.
Interesting. I always thought that dipping mirrors were only available with memory seats. Good to know.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

You also need to remember to have the mirror selector switch in either the left or right adjustment for the mirrors to dip in reverse.  If the mirror selector switch is in the middle the mirrors won’t dip.  I think this also applies to cars with memory function.

Hopefully, I’ll get my ES back tomorrow after its short holiday away for warranty work as the NX F Sport with Takumi pack has caused me a lot of lower back discomfort, something I didn’t get with my NX Premier.  I really find the F Sport seats very uncomfortable as they are both narrow and hard.  The lumbar control is poor too.  My ES Takumi seats are utter luxury and supremely comfortable, at least to me.

• Like 1