Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

CT200H Advance Plus Reversing Camera

BoutTime

Good evening all,

Ive just put down a deposit on an early 2015 (MY14) CT200H Advance Plus. I’ve just been advised it doesn’t in fact have a reversing camera and I thought they were standard fit. Can anyone shed any light on this? I’ve yet to view the car in person.

Also can you let me know your thoughts on whether the cameras are a must on these as they were on my previous car that I got rid of earlier today.

Many thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Not a must, I went 2 years with an Advance with just sensors and got on fine. The camera is handy but not essential IMHO. I’m not sure I’d want to go without either of them however as the view out the back window isn’t very good low down, even if the side mirrors are a decent size.  It sure if the camera as standard on the Advance Plus that year but someone else might come along with the answer on that. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, colin79666 said:

Not a must, I went 2 years with an Advance with just sensors and got on fine. The camera is handy but not essential IMHO. I’m not sure I’d want to go without either of them however as the view out the back window isn’t very good low down, even if the side mirrors are a decent size.  It sure if the camera as standard on the Advance Plus that year but someone else might come along with the answer on that. 

Thanks for that. It’s possible that the camera came as standard later on I guess. Looking forward to having a look at the car and taking it for a drive. Very different car from my Jaguar XF with half the power but need a well built solid car that’s very reliable and good on fuel. The CT looks like it should do the trick. Thanks again.

• Like 1

I think the camera and/or sensors is a nice to have but by no means an essential need, personally. I have a camera (and sensors) on mine (2014MY Advance Sport, incidentally) but still find, through habit, I use mirrors and looking over my shoulder more than relying on the camera. Each to their own really. 

• Thanks 1

I have a 2015 Advance Plus and there is no reversing camera fitted.

I think, unless specified as an extra when ordering, that cameras were only standard on the Sport and Premier models for this year.

It's a handy thing to have though but, like 'mad jam', I still found myself looking over my shoulders and using the mirrors when reversing in cars that have had a camera fitted. They get dirty quite easily in the bad weather too so can't be relied upon 100%.

I did read somewhere in posts on this forum that there are companies online that can retrofit reversing cameras to a CT (similar to the original) for about £750.

At that price I think I can learn to live without one 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheers all. Bought a car today. Advance Plus in Sonic White Two Tone with Black Roof. Very, very tidy car. It has a spare wheel in the boot too which was a nice surprise.

Just got to wait a week before I can get it. No camera so will have to learn how to use mirrors again.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2019 at 1:34 PM, BoutTime said:

Cheers all. Bought a car today. Advance Plus in Sonic White Two Tone with Black Roof. Very, very tidy car. It has a spare wheel in the boot too which was a nice surprise.

Just got to wait a week before I can get it. No camera so will have to learn how to use mirrors again.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Congrats! Hope you enjoy it!!

With regards to the camera, I think it was 2018 they became standard equipment?

My dad has a 2019 CT and it has a camera, along with lane keep and adaptive cruise to name a few tech pieces. I have a video of my dad's CT if you want to check it out too 🙂

39 minutes ago, ThomasD94 said:

Congrats! Hope you enjoy it!!

With regards to the camera, I think it was 2018 they became standard equipment?

My dad has a 2019 CT and it has a camera, along with lane keep and adaptive cruise to name a few tech pieces. I have a video of my dad's CT if you want to check it out too 🙂

Very nice car that Thomas. Lexus seem to have changed their priorities on the later variants as they have loaded the base CT with Safety Kit and then charge extra for the niceties.

I'm very happy with my CT. Other than the smart wheel repair paint has peeled already and I notice another wheel is a different colour to the others. I have three in the darkened colour (standard with Sonic White) and one in more of an an anthracite colour (standard with Sonic Titanium). I'll probably get them all stripped and painted in Anthracite or Shadow Chrome.

I do miss the camera though. Especially in the dark as with only one reversing light I can't see sh*t.

Cheers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BoutTime said:

Very nice car that Thomas. Lexus seem to have changed their priorities on the later variants as they have loaded the base CT with Safety Kit and then charge extra for the niceties.

I'm very happy with my CT. Other than the smart wheel repair paint has peeled already and I notice another wheel is a different colour to the others. I have three in the darkened colour (standard with Sonic White) and one in more of an an anthracite colour (standard with Sonic Titanium). I'll probably get them all stripped and painted in Anthracite or Shadow Chrome.

I do miss the camera though. Especially in the dark as with only one reversing light I can't see sh*t.

Cheers.

Like you I own an XF which would be murder to patk without the camera but the CT is a breeze with just the sensors. It is so easy to turn etc and the length is much shorter, I tend to drive in and reverse out as not much distance is required to lock over. My main dislike is the horrid warning noise when reverse gear is selected it can be confused for a sensor alarm.

• Like 1