Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Questions as a newbie

Hello all. My first lexus, picked up today. Dealership were excellent (Chester)...Very happy so far after a drive home & a pootle around the lanes... 🙂 however, can I ask the forum a couple of questions...

1. Like others, I miss a hardcopy manual. Does asking the dealership for one do the trick or do I have to rely on a (US) online version?

2. My last car (RR Evoque) had double locking (one press for locking, the second for 'deadlocking' - internal motion sensors etc). I pressed the lock on my remote twice and got a different sound from the car. Is double locking a real thing on the UX or am I wasting a key press?

3. Again as a hangover from my last car, I used to press unlock once to unlock driver's door only, second press unlocks the other doors. Again, is there a way to program the remote to do this?

Thanks in advance!

John, I beleive the dealer can get a manual but I downloaded them from Lexus UK here:

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/about-my-lexus/manuals/#hero

and use the search tool as the UX doesn't appear on the list below.

The UX does have deadlocking on the second press of the key or door handle.

The door unlocking can be customised as per this extract from the manual, I left mine at all doors unlock so haven't tried it.

image.thumb.png.bef30069b04c7dddc224cf3eb4c72759.png

Hi John

Welcome I'm sure you will love your new car.

In answer to your queries 

1) my car came with an abridged set of hard copy manuals so I would ask the dealer for a set. The online versions are easy to download if you want more details and info.

2) when you lock the car using the indent on the handle if you press a second time within 5 seconds it will deadlock the car. Same with the remote - press lock twice within 5 seconds to deadlock.

3) you can program various opening sequences like you describe - the details are in the online manual on pages 148 / 9

Hope that was of some help

John

• 1 month later...