Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Smooooooth....

I've had my IS300H F-Sport for nearly 3 weeks now.

And it's so smooth! And quiet, and comfortable with best seats I've ever had in a car, and it steers so nicely, and the handling is great. I think the suspension is the best possible compromise between comfort and body roll. Switching between petrol power and electric is seamless. And I've averaged 46mpg since I've first put fuel in.

It picks up Planet Rock Radio on DAB. This is important to me and this is the first car I've had that will do that! It also streams from my Deezer app on my Andoid phone perfectly, giving me song info and album art.

The audio isn't the best. I think it's just the basic 6 speaker set up. Needs more bass. But I think I was spoilt on my previous car because that had a Bose system and it was superb. I might investigate what I can do to improve the bass without hacking any of my interior.

And I've found out how to turn off the audible warning for excessive speed via the road sign awareness. And that only took me week! 🤣

I'm still learning the car. Because it's just so complicated, but that's par for the course with a high spec car these days I guess.

Anyway, I'm really pleased with my car. Can you tell? 😁

Pulse and glide my friends!

• Like 2

Welcome aboard - I have swapped out of an LS400 after 16 years and am now on day 4 of my 300h luxury experience using the car daily for work. Frankly I am staggered by the comfort and refinement and perhaps I am a wee bit blinded by some 'newness' after driving a 21 year old car with 300k on the clock for so long but for a car that is now 5 years old albeit with only 28k on the clock, it feels like a brand new motor. Getting 50+ mpg and being paid 21 mile by my company is a nice bonus too and proving to be easier on the pocket on what the LS was returning mpg wise.

• Like 1

I too have had my is300h since March this year and have come from an old Astra mk4 which I had for 9 years, it too had done 220k miles and was very basic inside. My is300h is 4 year's old and had 21k on the clock. It drives and feels like a brand new car. But the comfort and quality is second to none. My only criticism of the car was it didn't come with a rear reverse camera, and the 6x speaker system is lacking! I've since solved the camera issue and now working on putting a couple of rear mounted speakers on the shelf and a sub in the boot, hopefully that will solve the problem... Oh I do love the heated seats.... [emoji6] Very handy on a cold September morning! [emoji3] [emoji1303]

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I always tell people how great they are and have done so for the past 16 years of multi Lexus ownership. Fortunately most of them ignore me and stick with the German options- you can lead a horse to water etc etc 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2019 at 9:05 PM, MattK9797 said:

I've had my IS300H F-Sport for nearly 3 weeks now.

And it's so smooth! And quiet, and comfortable with best seats I've ever had in a car, and it steers so nicely, and the handling is great. I think the suspension is the best possible compromise between comfort and body roll. Switching between petrol power and electric is seamless. And I've averaged 46mpg since I've first put fuel in.

It picks up Planet Rock Radio on DAB. This is important to me and this is the first car I've had that will do that! It also streams from my Deezer app on my Andoid phone perfectly, giving me song info and album art.

The audio isn't the best. I think it's just the basic 6 speaker set up. Needs more bass. But I think I was spoilt on my previous car because that had a Bose system and it was superb. I might investigate what I can do to improve the bass without hacking any of my interior.

And I've found out how to turn off the audible warning for excessive speed via the road sign awareness. And that only took me week! 🤣

I'm still learning the car. Because it's just so complicated, but that's par for the course with a high spec car these days I guess.

Anyway, I'm really pleased with my car. Can you tell? 😁

Pulse and glide my friends!

Had my F sport now lost three weeks, like yourself loving it. Still finding out new things about the car, love the massive spec of the car which is miles above what I previously had. Currently only got an average of 41mpg, due to the fact of using the sport mode a lot.  The Mark Levinson premium audio is outstanding, never had a sound system that comes close to it.  

Just got the windows tinted as it felt like a fish bowl to be honest, and think it’s made the overall look much better.  The slight negatives I have are the cup holders when a passenger and your elbow falling in them, and getting used to the indicator stalk. 

56B84188-66AF-478E-8508-E936E8FF070C.jpeg

ED9D2AF3-4257-45A0-B8AF-6DD24DA723F5.jpeg

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 7:30 PM, Nick W858 said:

you can lead a horse to water etc etc 

...but a pencil must be lead.

One for those of a certain age!

Having had a couple of IS300h as courtesy cars, I just can't imagine why so many people stick with the German equivalents. Like every Lexus I've driven, the smoothness and comfort are exceptional. The 'enlightened minority' indeed...

• Like 1

In our house we have the IS and a 5 series, the IS is my daily and the BM is the wife’s.
I prefer the IS, it’s a nicer place to be, better equipped and way more powerful and economical that her 525d
However she doesn’t like the lexus for a few reasons, one is the seats, bless her she is broader across the beam than me [emoji6] and she finds the seat bolsters uncomfortable and the fact that the cabin is a little cosier (in her words claustrophobic)

Many years ago the German car brands were massive in their marketing, and they were clever, they marketed to the aspiring generation, who today are us, back in the 80’s we were hit with adverts that claimed reliability, build quality, sexiness and masculinity, today they are still riding on those campaigns, but they don’t have to do so much as the seed has not only been seen but it has germinated.
Today the German cars are not reliable, sexy, or have a superior build quality, but it doesn’t matter, the money spent 40 years ago is still bearing fruits today

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Spot on re the return on investment, the German thing is deeply embedded in our psyche - my wife finds the bolsters uncomfortable too and her RX is very comfortable but even after years of my LS400 the IS had been more than comfortable enough for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jayw13702 said:

However she doesn’t like the lexus for a few reasons, one is the seats, bless her she is broader across the beam than me emoji6.png and she finds the seat bolsters uncomfortable and the fact that the cabin is a little cosier (in her words claustrophobic)

Get her a gs, that should solve the problems.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links