Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450H newbie questions

I've just got my hands on a 2012 RX450H and wondered is anyone could answer a couple of questions:

1.  Are there any nav system software updates available and are they worth having in terms of new features or reliability?

2.  The DAB is lovely and all, but I find it strange that the name of the current programme / item playing isn't displayed, just the station name.  Is there any way of getting this to display?  Same question for FM.  My cheapo Mazda 2 does, for goodness sake!

David

In answer to your questions 

1. You can update the maps but I don’t think there are any major firmware  updates available that will unlock any features. 

2. No, unfortunately this is not possible, it just displays the information you mentioned and nothing more. 

2 hours ago, F.A. said:

In answer to your questions 

1. You can update the maps but I don’t think there are any major firmware  updates available that will unlock any features. 

2. No, unfortunately this is not possible, it just displays the information you mentioned and nothing more. 

I concur. I had a 2014 is 300h and a 2015 GS 300h both had far superior DAB  to the far more expensive 2015 RX450 I now own. 

Bizarre 🤔

56 minutes ago, olliesgrandad said:

I concur. I had a 2014 is 300h and a 2015 GS 300h both had far superior DAB  to the far more expensive 2015 RX450 I now own. 

Bizarre 🤔

I agree, but I think it is because  the 3IS and 4GS are newer models than the  3RX and thus  have a newer generation of infotainment system. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bathguy said:

I've just got my hands on a 2012 RX450H and wondered is anyone could answer a couple of questions:

1.  Are there any nav system software updates available and are they worth having in terms of new features or reliability?

2.  The DAB is lovely and all, but I find it strange that the name of the current programme / item playing isn't displayed, just the station name.  Is there any way of getting this to display?  Same question for FM.  My cheapo Mazda 2 does, for goodness sake!

David

The SatNav update was around £160 two years ago done via a USB stick by the dealer and took around two and a half hours (but this included a complimentary Hybrid check and wash), this updated the SatNav maps and software to 2017 (there may be a newer update to this now).

No idea about the DAB radio though as my 2011 does not have it.

The sat nav update question comes up all the time but it is mostly a dealer update which is far too expensive and still won't be as good as your phone maps or waze etc.

I find the infotainment easy to use and it gives me everything i need including playing dvd's when stationary.