Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Upgraded to GS300h - no remote window closure?

Just upgraded from a 2012 IS250 Advanced (beautiful car) to a 2017 GS300h Luxury (gorgeous machine). Really happy so far (2 days in) but whatever happened to the remote window closure (when you lock the car and realise the kids have left the windows slightly open)? Have Lexus got rid of the feature? What for?

Also I see there's a safety feature to warn when the car sways around but on the display there's something called "Time until rest". What is that and where do you set it?

Remote closing / opening windows and sunroof (if eqipped) can be turned on by dealer or using OBD dongle and e.g. Carista software - there is few more customizations available, you can check full list on their webpage. Think dealer would do it for free or you could ask if somebody from the forum in your area has software to sort it out.

Hi Sol, I took my GS to Lexus Glasgow who coded the windows and charged me  £12.30, now if I hold the lock button on the key the windows will close.

I also wanted to code an automatic door locking i.e once your speed is above 5-10mph the doors will lock but unfortunately this option can't be coded in, according to Lexus Garage, strange though!

Cheers guys. Question is, do I pay the cost of an OBD dongle and rent the Carista software or pay £12.30. Hmm...

BTW: Vlad, on my GS300 (2017) under Setup/Vehicle/Vehicle customisation you can have the doors lock as you shift from P and have them unlock when you shift back into P.

10 minutes ago, Solo Man said:

BTW: Vlad, on my GS300 (2017) under Setup/Vehicle/Vehicle customisation you can have the doors lock as you shift from P and have them unlock when you shift back into P.

I checked that and when I mentioned it to Lexus they said the same thing, then they looked at it as couldn't find it and they were also unlucky finding it so I asked them to code that it which they couldn't do either!

I mean I have an option in Setup to lock the car when you shift from P but for unknown reasons I can't activate it, it's like i have no permission or something, may be it is available on other markets not UK!

1 hour ago, Solo Man said:

only available on facelift models in the UK.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Pidu said:

Remote closing / opening windows and sunroof (if eqipped) can be turned on by dealer or using OBD dongle and e.g. Carista software - there is few more customizations available, you can check full list on their webpage. Think dealer would do it for free or you could ask if somebody from the forum in your area has software to sort it out.

Peter, I've ordered the Carista ODB2 dongle as it comes with 1 month's free trial. Should be enough time to play with every customisable option and decide how I want it. Thereafter its there just to monitor and if I need to change anything its a tenner a pop!

Peter, I've ordered the Carista ODB2 dongle as it comes with 1 month's free trial. Should be enough time to play with every customisable option and decide how I want it. Thereafter its there just to monitor and if I need to change anything its a tenner a pop!
I was lucky to buy Carista app shortly after it was released, at that time there was no time limit etc. so I have full functionality all the time. But as you say - after I change cars customisation options are needed once or twice and it is done.

Got the Carista over the weekend. Got the app loaded and now I have full window opening and closing from the remote. Neat!

Lots of options for lights but none that will actually get the seat position memory buttons on the drivers door  to light up. Totally dark at night!!

Apart from that, there's not an awful lot of customisation that you can't do on the in-car menu. Still its also good to know that there are no faults showing on the car.