Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 - £15000...would you?

If money was absolutely no object, if I could convince an insurance company of its value, and I could have a real professional inspect it for half a day and all was 100% then....maybe. Although I don't think I could go back to a 400 from a 430.

what on earth's the point of buying a car you could never use without seeing it drop £10k depreciation the first time it smelt rain !

does the dirt on that front tyre add or detract from it's £15k  " value " I wonder:no2:

Malc

Agree that price does look a bit steep, but if I was the seller.....well good luck and remember there are plenty of enthusiasts out there and whilst we compare against what we think, £15k is not a lot to some people who may well wish to keep it dry and heated. That then becomes a very different market.

• Like 1

I would not pay £15K, but can understand why someone might.

I would love to drive it just to see how it feels compared to mine.  Surely the bushes etc will have deteriorated even though mielage is low, so it would not be a 'tight' as it was in 1997, but no doubt be a bit firmer than mine at 202,000 miles.

My MK3 was silver, and my only complaint with the silver is the darker skirt colour (to me) never looks quite right.

Also a garage that is heated can be a problem as heated air holds more moisture, so although this car would be less corroded from not being out in the rain, it will not be free of corrosion, unless the garage is also runnnig a de-humidifier.

Have put it on my eBay watch list just to see if it goes.

The LS400 does not  suffer so much from mileage.  If it is parked warm and dry out of the sun. 
Not worth this it in my opinion. For several reasons.
You may be able to insure it for less then half is my guess with some persuation and a premium.
A larger fenderbender and it would be scrapped. Descent price parts are getting difficult. 
However a really nice 100.000 mile one is getting hard to find.