Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Potential car purchase - Missed service. How important?

BoutTime

Good evening all,

Off to look at a CT200H in the morning at a main dealer but just found out it missed its service at 30k miles and has just had its Full 40 done at 37k. So not a full service history. I’m told it won’t affect the warranty they’ll give it but I’m thinking about future resale value. Just checked and the MOT was performed 9 months ago at 31k miles so mileage appears to add up ok.

Anyone have any thoughts on how important the missed service is?

Thanks in advance.

Personally wouldn't say its overly important,main thing is that it eventually got serviced,on the other hand the word full service history has been abused over the years and not many cars these days can claim to have a full service history if gone over with a fine comb(as at when due,according to schedule, everytime regardless) etc

• Like 1

Cheers all. Bought the car today. Advance Plus in Sonic White Two Tone with Black Roof. Very, very tidy car. It has a spare wheel in the boot too which was a nice surprise.

Just got to wait a week before I can get it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Malc said:

hope it's having a new clean MOT too

Malc

Yep.... New  MOT. Just wondering where I stand on the warranty should I wish to extend it before the 12 months warranty runs out. 

It's a Lexus Warranty provided by the main dealer. Will Lexus sell me an extended warranty if one service was missed by a previous owner? Cheers. 

I just did.

Any Lexus under 10 years old which has covered less than 140k miles at point of sale from Lexus main dealer qualifies for purchase of extended warranty. Irrespective of service history.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

The only thing I’d is look at the service list for the 30k and for the 40k to work out what extra should have been done for the 30k service and ask for this work to be done to bring the car up to date in terms of replacements and checks. Possibly too late now but this is what I would have done.

My current NX had a missed 30k / 3 year service. I could see that it had all other services done and had evidence of other trips to the dealership for things like wheel alignment and investigations etc. It was low mileage and appeared to be in exceptional condition so it didn’t bother me. Another factor was my intention to keep it for a very long time. A 30k service is an intermediate service so it would effectively have missed an oil change and some checks. The car I bought had done a lot less than 10k miles a year - less than 20k miles over 4 1/2 years in fact. If the car had done 20k miles between it’s second and fourth service I might have been more concerned. Getting an approved used warranty also eased any concerns I had.

5 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

My current NX had a missed 30k / 3 year service. I could see that it had all other services done and had evidence of other trips to the dealership for things like wheel alignment and investigations etc. It was low mileage and appeared to be in exceptional condition so it didn’t bother me. Another factor was my intention to keep it for a very long time. A 30k service is an intermediate service so it would effectively have missed an oil change and some checks. The car I bought had done a lot less than 10k miles a year - less than 20k miles over 4 1/2 years in fact. If the car had done 20k miles between it’s second and fourth service I might have been more concerned. Getting an approved used warranty also eased any concerns I had.

Very similar to me then. Bought the car. Had it over a year and have renewed the warranty so all good. Thanks 

• Thanks 1