Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Switches light not working

Hi Everyone,

Wonder if you can help me.

I own Lexus IS220d 2006. 

From the last two days the green light which normally illuminate all the switched around the DVD player and small switches such as traction control, shade and seat heating switches are not lighting up.

May be the fuse is blown, but unable to locate the location of that particular fuse. Help is required.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2019 at 11:40 PM, Bil Lexus said:

Hi Everyone,

Wonder if you can help me.

I own Lexus IS220d 2006. 

From the last two days the green light which normally illuminate all the switched around the DVD player and small switches such as traction control, shade and seat heating switches are not lighting up.

May be the fuse is blown, but unable to locate the location of that particular fuse. Help is required.

It's very much possible that the LED itself inside is dead. If only certain lights are doing this then it most likely is the LED. Changing LED involves taking it apart and de-soldering and soldering on a replacement.

Hi Bilal,

There is a small fuse box under the drivers instrument panel with a white cover. It's a little awkward to access but if you get your head into the footwell and look upwards it should be obvious.

Fuse no.10 - 7.5amp - controls switch illumination so might be worth a look. It is located in the centre row.

Hope this helps,

Dec.

Apologies Bilal,

The fuse you need to check is fuse number 10 but on the passenger side and not on the drivers side as I said above. (Fuse No.10 on the drivers side is for the cigarette lighter)

Dec.