Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LEXUS GSF or RCF Do i? Don’t I? 🤔

Ye im down in high wycombe visiting family today so not too far but the chap isnt answering his fone just yet. Perhaps its too early for him still lol. Hopefully he does & i can go check it out. Keep you all posted. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Taz_11 said:

Thanks once again for all the input guys. After reading all the posts looks like previous owner really neglected it which is a shame because its such a special rare car & if he had cared for it it would have shown on resale. Anyway i think its best to leave it & walk away. Even if i bought a new grille with the carbon lip (which i suspect would be near the 1k mk?) i would still always be doubting myself about any other damage the car may have had. And of course no record of any maintenance. Seen the white gsf advertised quite tempted but its the earlier model & doesn't have AVS. Would you guys recommend a car with or is it really not noticeable?   Thanks

When I bought my IS200 at three years old (main dealer) I later found that the previous owner hadn't had it serviced. It must have been a lease car and he just didn't bother. Lexus then serviced it and that was it, it was now officially back on their books as Lexus approved despite missing several services . Lexus have a little get out clause in their books that a Lexus approved history doesn't necessarily mean a full service history and there must be plenty of cars that don't see their workshops before they get the once over and go back on sale.

The chances are that GSF was a lease / PCP / company car, it might even have been a press car. You could argue most high value motors are nowadays and you could argue that one careful owner (when its going to be moved on after two or three years ) doesn't equate to the old fashioned cash buying enthusiast who hardly lets it see the light of day.

Although I felt gutted and deceived I did manager to screw them down on a large discount, free services and MOT's for the next few years.

Apart from that front grill would that missing service make much of a difference at two years old? Lexus would be happy to put it on their forecourt under their policy after a decent check over if its simply missed a service at 10k or 12 months - so 2018 in this case. 

Is it a decent price and in good condition (alloys / pads / discs etc) , can you get it checked over to check the bodywork underneath etc? Obviously they won't  pay for a Lexus service,  even a main (non Lexus ) dealer wouldn't they would just stick it through their workshops. 

If you were happy enough to stick a deposit on it after a thorough Inspection and have since found out about the missing history, then you could use that to your advantage, ask for the grille to be repaired / replaced properly, negotiate a bigger discount or as others have said walk away. I guess it depends on the price but realistically if its one service missing and a dodgy front grille / lip etc (not uncommon) should it be a deal breaker?  Can you live with a missing service? 

Just playing devils advocate :wink1:  

Seen the white gsf advertised quite tempted but its the earlier model & doesn't have AVS. Would you guys recommend a car with or is it really not noticeable?   Thanks

I have a 2016 without the AVS and I think it’s absolutely fine, I drove a late 2017 a while back and personally couldn’t notice any difference.. but that could also just be ignorance 😂

18 hours ago, Taz_11 said:

Thanks guys for all your replies. Im going to ring them monday & ask for deposit back as it just doesnt add up. If its had no maintenance done it definitely wouldnt have had the fuel pump recall done. It is a shame as its a lovely car & IMO the best color combo. 

I dont know why they have it still advertised even though i paid the deposit on wednesday this week. The reviews left for them does not reassure me the slightest. Has anyone read them lol. Going by this i doubt i even get my deposit back 😞

Does anyone have any pics of the front bumper so i can see how the carbon lip is meant to look, surely like the rear. It honestly is real bad. 

The car itself is hpi clear, bodywork does look all original to me with no tell tales of any major paint or bodywork being carried out. Perhaps just the front bumper was damaged? The trim around the front grille i think is meant to be chrome or dark chrome? Thats definitely been resprayed in gloss black.  

You should be able to get your deposit back because the car was not as advertised i.e. the mileage.

For the record speaking as a complete and utter gadget freak regarding the AVS. When I tried the first RCF without, then drove one with, my thoughts were that the non AVS drove perfectly fine but when you drive a car with AVS very shortly afterwards it became apparent to me that in the standard setting the car is a lot smoother, when you select sport + on an AVS car it tightens up in a way that gives a ride similar to the standard car without AVS.

So my conclusion was that I'd rather have it as an option than not. If Tein ever make an EDFC system for the RCF like they do for the ISF that will change the whole ballgame.

7 hours ago, Taz_11 said:

Ye im down in high wycombe visiting family today so not too far but the chap isnt answering his fone just yet. Perhaps its too early for him still lol. Hopefully he does & i can go check it out. Keep you all posted. Thanks.

Did you hear back from the fella??

21 hours ago, ISF V8 JAY said:

Thanks guys for all your input!

looks like I won’t be going for it then!!!

sounds like my ISF is in better nick 😂😂😂😂😂 

i could have either coupe or saloon not fussed but saloon is preference. 

What do I do now then!!!

I’ve a mate who’s has both ISF and GSF. He says advancements in GSF over ISF is noticeable on every aspect BUT says the ISF is the better car to drive and get feedback, he’s always said GSF feels like someone is overriding all decisions. Think a 48hr test drive is a must when parting with the ISF 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Womble72 said:

I’ve a mate who’s has both ISF and GSF. He says advancements in GSF over ISF is noticeable on every aspect BUT says the ISF is the better car to drive and get feedback, he’s always said GSF feels like someone is overriding all decisions. Think a 48hr test drive is a must when parting with the ISF 

Have to disagree - even though it’s a bigger car In the twisties with the wick turned up on the TVD, the GSF drives much better than the ISF. Feedback through the steering and the confidence it gives you is far superior.

day to day there’s no competition the GSF is more comfortable and eats the miles easier than the ISF.

The ISF was more sneaky and slipped under the radar, didnt attract any attention.

1 hour ago, Killysprint said:

Have to disagree - even though it’s a bigger car In the twisties with the wick turned up on the TVD, the GSF drives much better than the ISF. Feedback through the steering and the confidence it gives you is far superior.

day to day there’s no competition the GSF is more comfortable and eats the miles easier than the ISF.

The ISF was more sneaky and slipped under the radar, didnt attract any attention.

He has always said comfort and smoothness is second to none but in his opinion the ISF is more fun. He says the electronically aspect of the GSF has taken the edge off it being as much fun.  I can’t say myself as I’ve not driven a GSF, as much as I love my ISF my C70 is a more comfortable journey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Womble72 said:

I must admit I enjoy the drive of the ISF, i guess with most newer cars the electrics take over the fun ☹️☹️

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ISF V8 JAY said:

I must admit I enjoy the drive of the ISF, i guess with most newer cars the electrics take over the fun ☹️☹️

You can turn them off - either to expert level (still there in the background) or totally off. 

Hi All

went down yesterday to view & ended up driving it away. Sorry been busy with work forgot to mention it on here. 

just couldnt resist lol

what an amazing car. Only driven it home & parked it straight in the garage. 

& credit to the last owner for looking after it so well. Im well happy with it. Booked in for a full ceramic coating. Will also be doing a few mods soon. Will post pics up soon. Anyone know of a decent intake & exhaust? 

Ps. I dont think the blue one will sell so easily considering the price i paid for this & the fact that has a dodgy front end no service history & a terrible garage to deal with. 

Pic just after i bought it filling up at the pump 🙂

1F7BC415-1B37-44C7-92F1-2D0417394EB8.jpeg

• Like 6

Well in mate and congratulations, cracking spec 😉, I have not changed anything intake wise, but have GTHAUS mid pipe and backboxes that unleash the V8 beast!

P.s if you are on instagram, find me @hockeyedwards 🙂

The lesson here is buyer beware and do loads of research but as long as any buyer has eyes wide open it might still be a good car for someone. That said I would think about a few more things before handing over hard earned cash or backing out:

1. Ask the dealer for the contact details of the previous owner and try talking to them. Judge if the dealer wont play that game (maybe that's why the reg doc is "missing". Original owner might just be a **** but ask why they didn't trade into a Lexus dealer?  Maybe they tried? but make a judgement.
  2. Take the car to a Lexus dealer for an inspection, they will or should be able to confirm any body repairs done and if they will offer a warranty. I understand its based on service history OR inspection. Or get an RAC inspection. Again if the dealer wont play its yet more suspicious.
  3. It might not be the best car but is it actually a bad car?  Maybe buy at a significant discount below others without such questions. There will be others without questions as has been said but possibly for thousands ££££ more

Hopefully it sells to a buyer who's fully aware of everything they can be and the price reflects the issues as it will sell eventually Im sure.

Hi All

went down yesterday to view & ended up driving it away. Sorry been busy with work forgot to mention it on here. 

just couldnt resist lol

what an amazing car. Only driven it home & parked it straight in the garage. 

& credit to the last owner for looking after it so well. Im well happy with it. Booked in for a full ceramic coating. Will also be doing a few mods soon. Will post pics up soon. Anyone know of a decent intake & exhaust? 

Ps. I dont think the blue one will sell so easily considering the price i paid for this & the fact that has a dodgy front end no service history & a terrible garage to deal with. 

Pic just after i bought it filling up at the pump 🙂

1F7BC415-1B37-44C7-92F1-2D0417394EB8.jpeg

Did you get your deposit back on the blue one ?

Congrats on this, looks lovely and I hope you enjoy it.   

Thanks all. 

@ gb1600e dealer wasnt playing game so couldnt do any of that. Coincidently the chap i bought the car from had visited the same dealer years ago to experience the same issues when he went for a pickup there so walked away. Still pursuing the deposit at the moment. Im sure it will sell but they weren't willing to go down on price by much when i was negotiating. Unless they do it will be a very hard sale.  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links