Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

10 hours ago, bluenose1940 said:

I have just done a 30 mile round trip on A and B roads and my car is showing as 39.7 mpg.

I drive at the relevant speed limit where possible and appropriate.

I am more than happy with what I get from mine.

I did a 30 mile journey A and B roads this evening and got 43.3 mpg. On the way back I broke the journey, for the first 16 miles I got 41.5 and for the last 14 I got 47.9 mpg.

However I think that what counts is the overall average mpg.

Have now covered 17500 miles in 21 months and recorded brim to brim fuelling from day one. Average is now 41.42mpg with a mix of city, short journey, motorway and longer trips. Best to date has been 46.32 and poorest 34.07. Very happy with that and remain delighted with the NX. 

• Like 2

My fuel light came on a few days ago and the countdown to empty was monitored. I wanted to try premium unleaded fuel, so let it go as far as I dare. When the 'Refuel now' warning came on I headed for the garage.

My maths calculations was telling me that at 40mpg I should get just short of 500 miles from a full to empty tank and I had only done 400 miles. At the garage on a level surface I managed to squeeze in 47.3 litres. I could not get any more in! As the tank is supposed to hold 56 litres I potentially had another 8 litres spare.

So in future will I trust my maths, or the car display? A physcological battle between me and the car will ensue!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

My fuel light came on a few days ago and the countdown to empty was monitored. I wanted to try premium unleaded fuel, so let it go as far as I dare. When the 'Refuel now' warning came on I headed for the garage.

My maths calculations was telling me that at 40mpg I should get just short of 500 miles from a full to empty tank and I had only done 400 miles. At the garage on a level surface I managed to squeeze in 47.3 litres. I could not get any more in! As the tank is supposed to hold 56 litres I potentially had another 8 litres spare.

So in future will I trust my maths, or the car display? A physcological battle between me and the car will ensue!

I've always thought that the range indicator is hugely pessimistic. I've never managed to get more than 48 litres in despite running well past zero in many occasions. I admit to not having looked it up but I thought that the tank capacity was 50 litres, based on the car's behaviour? 

• Like 1

I once owned a Mercedes 300ce which I bought used. This supposedly had a 75 litre tank but When a quarter full I was getting around 85 litres in the tank. A trip to the dealer revealed on the Mercedes Build sheet that the previous owner had specified a 90 litre long range fuel tank!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...
On 9/22/2019 at 10:10 AM, bluenose1940 said:

I thought that this was really worth a mention.

I recently went up to Lincolnshire for a few days and i did just over 600 miles in total.  The journey up from Exmouth was 280 miles and the run back was more or less the same.  I drove at the speed limit where possible which obviously included A roads and motorways giving the whole range of speeds but mostly 50, 60 and 70mph, with the odd zip up to 75+ when  Nox Vidmate VLC necessary.  The figures on the dash display showed 47.5 on the trip up and 46.2 on the run back home.

I know that it's accepted that the figures shown in-car are a little optimistic but, even allowing for that, I am really pleased with the return.  That coupled with the lovely comfortable drive/ride gives me great pleasure.

If I win any money at any time, I will be going for  the RX next, tis a big IF though methinks.

I don't know if the NX can display the mpg every minute. If so, look at this on a short journey. When I look at mine it takes some miles before my average gets above 30mpg even when the roads have cleared.