Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New 69 Plate CT200h

ThomasD94

Hey Guys,

My dad picked up his brand new CT 200h tonight from Lexus. He now joins the Lexus family. I will get more photos over the week during daylight.

The car is Deep Blue with black leather interior along with tech pack and premium pack added on.

IMG_7805.JPG

IMG_7784.JPG

IMG_7806.JPG

• Like 1

Hi Thomas, very nice, congratulations to your father!

I have a question, is this new CT based on a newer platform than the first CT's? I think (I might be mistaken) the first CTs were based on Auris or even previous gen Toyota Prius and some owners were not happy with the way it drove and even mpg?

Just wondering if it is a different car, thats all.

Thanks 

Father made a good choice, Thomas.

Vlady... i had a 2013 Premier, which i changed the tyres to Michelin Primacy 4s , the difference was amazing, totally better handling, and much quieter ride.

I have now upgraded to a 2018 premier, A more softer  compliant ride, However that's on Yokohamas which i dont like, so at some point will change too Michelin Cross Climate,Which i'm sure will be a very worthy upgrade. Also nice little touches all round,big improvement especially on the toy side of things! :driving:

Hope this helps 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Stompe said:

Father made a good choice, Thomas.

Vlady... i had a 2013 Premier, which i changed the tyres to Michelin Primacy 4s , the difference was amazing, totally better handling, and much quieter ride.

I have now upgraded to a 2018 premier, A more softer  compliant ride, However that's on Yokohamas which i dont like, so at some point will change too Michelin Cross Climate,Which i'm sure will be a very worthy upgrade. Also nice little touches all round,big improvement especially on the toy side of things! :driving:

Hope this helps 

Thanks Steve, tyres do mean a lot, I remeber when I swap Run Flats to Non-run flats, the feeling was like driving a different car, loved it! I am waiting to put on my Lexus 4 new Good year all season, can't imagine what to expect, should be comfier and quiter. Will find out next month! :)

So, new CT is still using an old platform though, right? As I can't remember reading about completely NEW CT in press.

I am sorry Thomas to high jack your thread. Just was curious. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2019 at 1:18 PM, Vlady said:

Hi Thomas, very nice, congratulations to your father!

I have a question, is this new CT based on a newer platform than the first CT's? I think (I might be mistaken) the first CTs were based on Auris or even previous gen Toyota Prius and some owners were not happy with the way it drove and even mpg?

Just wondering if it is a different car, thats all.

Thanks 

Hi There,

It is just a facelift so it still rides on the previous Auris / Prius platform. It is getting just under 50mpg on it, still being broken in as only covered 235 miles so far...

I believe an all new CT is due out late 2020.

Thomas

• Thanks 1