Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trip Computer / Rang ereset button missing?

Pritchard

hey.

Just got the LC, so still filtering through the myriad of buttons i have.
However, i cant see a way to reset my MPG / 'crusing range' counter. And for this reason, i cant figure out what its basing its average mpg on. ... the lifetime of travel?
for example, i filled up yesterday, and the range said 288miles (think i tsaid 18mpg). So i reset the trip (ODO), so my average MPH went to 0, but the range was unchanged. and my MPG was still 18.

anyone know which button i need to press to reset MPG for a long journey? thanks

Congratulations on getting the LC. Mine has certainly grown on me and I hope it will be the same for you.

Regarding resetting the MPG, there are two fuel indications:

- MPG since reset

- MPG since last fuel added.

You can reset the first counter using the centre button on the arrow pad on the left of the steering wheel when the appropriate screen is showing on the display in the rev counter. You cannot reset the second counter as this is calculated by the car. You therefore cannot reset the range indicator manually but this seems to recalculate based on average consumption. Mine typically shows 375 miles range after filling up. Resetting the MPG should get it to recalculate.

You can change what is shown on the display screens using the setup drive information screens options.

FWIW, I typically get 25+ MPG out of my V8 

ok i found the button. i spent a bit of time actually reading The Manual last night. i didnt realise the 'range' counter on my tacho could be changed... ha, theres even a G-force meter! : )

averaged a nice 35mpg over 20min of motoway driving on cruise control. ofc, thats at 70mph too. cant believe this thing reves at about 1350rpm at 70! madness.

thanks for youre help

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links