Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat navy installation

That sounds as if you have an SE rather than an SE-L. (As do I)

I suspect that it would be a major operation to fit a touch screen - I guess you would need most of the centre console and wiring loom (from a  scrapper?)

Anyway, from reports on here about Lexus sat nav, it wouldn't be worth the bother. You get better sat nav performance from free apps on your phone (eg Maps.me).

• Like 1

That sounds as if you have an SE rather than an SE-L. (As do I) I suspect that it would be a major operation to fit a touch screen - I guess you would need most of the centre console and wiring loom (from a  scrapper?) Anyway, from reports on here about Lexus sat nav, it wouldn't be worth the bother. You get better sat nav performance from free apps on your phone (eg Maps.me).

As johnatg says. Not an easy swap. However I think the satnavs pretty good once you have learnt to use it.. it's certainly different in it's operation.

But it is very fast. I would update it to latest mapping if I could get it done at a reasonable cost from a reputable source.

My Passat has VW satnav inbuilt and the times I've taken the wrong exit off a roundabout because the satnav is slow and shown the wrong exit are numerous.

The VW nav system is in a car 6 years newer than the Lexus but the Lexus wipes the floor with it.

The Lexus nav is just a bit counter intuitive in how its menus etc work or I'm still using it wrong lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This sticker

A22E69B5-810F-4427-B337-BE3748035F85.jpeg

So if you have the rear sun shade and the wood panel inserts in the cabin then yes (it should be) a SE-L trim model.

Note: some dealers have sometimes (accidentally) posted an IS as a SE-L model when it has in fact been a SE-I model , typo I guess they would say after you stood in front of it!

paul m.