Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Airbag recall

WESTIE

Have just received a letter from Lexus stating that they need to fit a new passenger airbag inflator. They acknowledge that my car has been recalled previously and a new inflator fitted but they now need to replace again. Has anybody else received this? See attached letter.

Recall Let.pdf

• Like 1

Not yet, no. 

But the DVLA web site says my car is subject to a recall (but does not say what for) whereas the Lexus/Toyota site fails to recognise either my reg no or the VIN. 

UPDATE: my letter arrived today, Friday 27th.

Mine is now booked in at Derby for the work to be done later this month.  As others have said, it's a 2 day booking.

Apparently, they already have 5 booked in, aged from X reg onwards. 

Picked up the car today after 3pm, they had it since 9am yesterday. Looking great, seem all ok dash no marks and everything working. Two other SC430 in having the their airbags changed at the same time. Good work Lexus Cardiff !

Jack 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

My car was booked in to Lexus Derby tomorrow and Friday for the airbag job.  But they have just rung me to say the parts are on back order and they have no delivery promise.  So the appointment is cancelled and will be rearranged once parts are again available. 

Been a mixed bag of repairs on the Lexus World forum , out of a possible 17 members with SC430’s ..7 have had the passenger airbag replace and 4 have had damage ! Ranges from , body damage, trim rips and scratches, problems with heater afterwards .

This really is a massive job and it’s pot luck if you get a good dealer or not, myself I had trim damage around the radio and heater panel, yet my dealer says they have done loads of this recalls, I wonder if the mechanics get complacent and rush through the jobs.

Book time is 6.5 hrs but my dashcam was only off for 5 hrs before the car moved back out the workshop🙄 ....good luck to anyone having the job done 👍🏻

Had mine done at Lexus Leeds, no problems whatsoever. Done a few miles, no rattles and had a good study, no marks. Had MOT and small service done at the same time. Had it for a full day and a half. CT as a courtesy car, driving it is like been in a different make of car, never mind model. They forgot a few things after making the SC.

Had mine done beginning of the year at Cheshire oaks, is 220d 2007, it took them under an hour to do the passenger re call and washed it. No damage to the car, very pleased with the dealership.

• 2 weeks later...

Takata air bag replaced by Motorline Lexus Gatwick, again by a Master Tech. All seems to be working very well. Had a good chat with the very helpful service manager Andy.

Would definitely recommend them and was surprised to learn that they have done as many as 25 - 30 SC430 airbag recalls in the 18 months that they have been open at Gatwick.

23 hours ago, alrigo said:

Had mine done earlier this month by Lexus Exeter. Nice clean job, good coffee and then had the use of a new UX for the day. FOC.

That sounds like very good service. I was a given a brand new RXL for a few days. There was a insurance fee of £25 but as I had some additional work done, they didn't charge it.