Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Technical Question

Chammers

I occasionally have to leave my car in my garage for up to 8 weeks at a time. My previous car was a Jaguar F-Type Coupe and I was advised to leave the car on a trickle charge whilst I was away. I have just taken delivery of a new LC500 and assume the same applies. So could anyone please advise where to connect my charger?

And as an aside - is it normal for a new car with run flats to come without a jack etc?

The jack is definitely under the boot floor as per Wendle's post above.

If you look in the manual about page 392 there is a lot of information about restarting if the 12V Battery is flat. The connection points shown for the jump start Battery should provide a place to connect a trickle charger for long term storage. However, I suggest checking this with Lexus to make sure that this is a direct Battery connection point.

I always left my DB9 on trickle charge in the garage and it still had the original Battery when I sold it after 13 years. 

The jump point under the bonnet in the fuse box is a direct connection to the Battery, and is suitable for charging purposes. It is actually the end of the main feed wire from the Battery in the boot to the fuse box to supply all the cars systems with 12 volts through the fuses.
This wire it'self is fused in the Battery terminal rated at 150 amps, and is partly why the hybrid cars should not be used for jump starting other non hybrid cars. Non hybrids with normal 12 volt starters can pull over 200 amps to start the engine. Enough to blow the fuse in the terminal.

John.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the replies I have received - I now know where to connect the trickle charger.

Regarding the jack - mine definitely doesn't have one so I checked with my Lexus dealer and they said that no jack is supplied for a car fitted with run flats!

• 5 months later...
On 9/28/2019 at 11:42 AM, Chammers said:

Thank you very much for the replies I have received - I now know where to connect the trickle charger.

Regarding the jack - mine definitely doesn't have one so I checked with my Lexus dealer and they said that no jack is supplied for a car fitted with run flats!

Do you have an empty accessory tray or nothing at all to house a jack?

Perhaps the jack was discontinued on MY 2019 cars?