Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

L222TTS - Anyone know the car 08 Black ISF

Interesting I assume it comes with warranty. As a rule you cant take a warranty out once the car is over 10 years old so wonder how the dealers get arond this, probably just because they are dealers?!

13 hours ago, ctrsam said:

Would you run an ISF without Lexus warranty?

Yes! 

Try and get a warranty on mine. The man from Lexus.... He says No! 

Two and a half years in, nothing gone wrong other than the water pump gasket which was right in schedule at 58k.

I've put the money I would have spent on a warranty to one side just in case anything should go wrong...... So far it hasn't. 

When you have that much aftermarket stuff on your car the Lexus warranty department won't go near you. 

IMG_20190911_095100_175.thumb.jpg.40a897d042feb57c75368aefd79c6588.jpg

• Like 1

That makes me feel a bit easier.

I've bought that isf just waiting for them to prep it.

It will come with the dealers generic 3 month warranty but I'll keep a fund aside just in case. I've booked it in with lexus the day after I collect to make sure there isn't anything nasty hiding.

On 9/28/2019 at 12:25 PM, ctrsam said:

That makes me feel a bit easier.

I've bought that isf just waiting for them to prep it.

It will come with the dealers generic 3 month warranty but I'll keep a fund aside just in case. I've booked it in with lexus the day after I collect to make sure there isn't anything nasty hiding.

They are great cars. Welcome to the club 😎

Cheers Dan,

Takeda intake ordered and have some new tyres in the garage waiting to go on

Pretty sure a manifold is cracked as it has that cold start ticking noise but gives me an excuse to browse RR racing😁

2 hours ago, ctrsam said:

Cheers Dan,

Takeda intake ordered and have some new tyres in the garage waiting to go on

Pretty sure a manifold is cracked as it has that cold start ticking noise but gives me an excuse to browse RR racing😁

Take a look an YouTube for a guy called  NeverL8inaV8 who had an ISF for many years. That ticking seems to hit them all at one point or another and disappears after service for a short while.... Then returns. Nothing to query about but absolutely, an excuse for RR products! 😎😎

You'll properly enjoy the car, they are a great platform and if got are into modifications then there is plenty avaliable. 

If you are on Instagram then there are lots of them stateside that are heavily modded as well as my own in the UK @isf_dan

Keep us posted 😊👍😊

• Like 1

Two and a half years in, nothing gone wrong other than the water pump gasket which was right in schedule at 58k

Exactly the same here only thing to go on mine oh and a rear shock absorber plus a good helping of human error i.e. Battery terminals that caused nurofen and Johnnie Walkers bank accounts to rapidly expand! 

Best motor I've ever owned for an all rounder enjoy.

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 6:29 PM, ctrsam said:

Yes I’m in Alvaston and work in Ascot Drive 

Well I'm just up the road in Chellaston Samir. 2 ISF's within a couple of postcode areas, bet that's not common. How lucky the people of Derby are if they are F spotting. We shall have to meet up.

• Like 2

Sorry I thought you meant it was at a lexus main dealer!

I would own one out of warranty yes,  I would consider changing the radiator if it was 10+ years old and of higher mileage as a preventative maintenace step at some point. No way to check them and when they go its a new gearbox job. That said theres only a handful of cases of it actually going.

They do all tap, its a signature of a V8, but if its getting louder over time it is likely to be the manifolds.

Enjoy the car! I love mine

• Like 1

Thanks Glynn,

I'm more concerned now about the rust someone spotted viewing the car before me, around the O/S/R arch and down in front of the wheel. i'm assuming its been repaired as going by the pic they posted on facebook I would have never missed it.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, QuattroTJ said:

Hey how did the purchase go ? I’m considering an 09 left hooker which will come from a distant family member if we can agree on price. Did you get through the rust and manifold issues ? 

I'd only buy a left hooker if it was going to be a keeper, they are hard enough to shift in RHD!!

Yep, I popped by the dealer on Sunday as I live local (any excuse for a blast on a Sunday afternoon) and its still for sale.  For some reason the sale to @ctrsam didn't go through. Not sure why?

From what I can see the car looks honest enough and the sales man was honest with me.  He rightly assumed I wasn't a buyer as he heard / saw me turn up in my ISF but took the time to show me the car so fair enough.  

So what's it like?  Its had both the rear arches pained as I understand the rust was starting to show through on the inside welded edge and the bonnet front edge if not the whole bonnet painted as well due to stone chips / rusting.   Not unsurprising or uncommon on a 2008 car maybe?  The rest of the paint wasn't brilliant and for me would want some more work (chips on the leading edge of a couple of doors (mainly passenger ! Ahhh passengers !!) and others that might polish out but it would be OK for many Im sure.

It started and sounded fine, has an aftermarket exhaust ( I couldn't see which make) with twin outlets that nearly poke into the exhaust tips. Interestingly I think my stock exhaust sounds better but that not very scientific is it.

Interior looked good with just drivers seat wear is would be the case with apparently 64k miles.

All told unless there are any hidden secrets it looks well priced for an ISF with a dealer.  

Oh, and it has a sunroof if that's your thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeh I didn't go ahead with it

The paint niggles were putting me off especially the poor masking on the passenger side arch, there was a hard mask line on the passenger door with over spray evident

It drove great but again the history had only 1 lexus stamp which wouldn't put you in a great position if it needed work.