Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

CHECK HYBRID SYSTEM

Mattukpl

Here's a Prius chat page that also suggests cable malfunction and relay malfunction for this fault code.

The car in question seems to have been under warranty so the easy option for the dealer may have been to replace the inverter and charge it to Toyota.

But maybe that wasn't actually the problem. Looks as though it may be worth investigating less expensive issues.

On 9/26/2019 at 4:39 PM, Thackeray said:

In any case, if you've been having the hybrid health check done with the annual service, the resulting one year warranty may well cover the inverter as part of the hybrid system.

Yes i did service and health check but Lexus says warranty is only for hybrid Battery not for inverter etc. 🤔

5 hours ago, holiday said:

Have you got extended warranty on your car. It should cover that. We have extended warranty and we didn’t need to spend 4K on repairs. 

I dont have extended warranty.Could i sign up now and get my car fixed for free?

21 hours ago, Mattukpl said:

Yes i did service and health check but Lexus says warranty is only for hybrid battery not for inverter etc. 🤔

I haven't been able to find any terms and conditions for the hybrid health check warranty in the UK. But I did find this page for the general warranty in the US. This says Battery and inverter are guaranteed for eight years in the US. They're listed together as though they're regarded as a functional single unit.

Also found this old discussion about inverter failure which says Lexus UK paid for a failed inverter as a goodwill gesture.

But obviously, you need first to establish that it really is the inverter rather than something more minor.

34 minutes ago, Thackeray said:

I haven't been able to find any terms and conditions for the hybrid health check warranty in the UK. But I did find this page for the general warranty in the US. This says battery and inverter are guaranteed for eight years in the US. They're listed together as though they're regarded as a functional single unit.

Also found this old discussion about inverter failure which says Lexus UK paid for a failed inverter as a goodwill gesture.

But obviously, you need first to establish that it really is the inverter rather than something more minor.

Thanku.I will have a look.Guess i send car to Lexus and see what they say.

Here's a page that might be useful. It's about the 2010-2014 Prius and code 3004. I wonder if the 2012 CT200h is mostly the same mechanically and electrically.

The page says:

P3004 TOYOTA - Power Cable Malfunction

Possible causes

• Faulty Inverter With Converter Assembly
  • Inverter With Converter Assembly harness is open or shorted
  • Inverter With Converter Assembly circuit poor electrical connection

Tech notes

Toyota recently released a warranty enhancement for 2010-2014 Prius, extending the coverage of the inverter/converter Intelligent Powertrain Module.

Toyota Bulletin Information:

Toyota has received some reports where the Intelligent Power Module (IPM) located inside the inverter assembly of the hybrid system may fail. This condition is indicated by hybrid system diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs): P0A94, P324E, P3004, and/or P0A1A. If one or more of these DTCs are detected, various warning lamps on the instrument panel will also illuminate and the vehicle will enter fail safe mode. Although the Hybrid Inverter assembly is covered by Toyota’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty for 8 years or 100,000 miles (whichever occurs first), we at Toyota care about the customers’ ownership experience. Toyota is now extending the warranty coverage for repairs related to failure of the Intelligent Power Module (IPM).

Possible causes Faulty Inverter With Converter Assembly Inverter With Converter Assembly harness is open or shorted Inverter With Converter Assembly circuit poor electrical connection

7 minutes ago, Thackeray said:

Here's a page that might be useful. It's about the 2010-2014 Prius and code 3004. I wonder if the 2012 CT200h is mostly the same mechanically and electrically.

The page says:

Possible causes

• Faulty Inverter With Converter Assembly
  • Inverter With Converter Assembly harness is open or shorted
  • Inverter With Converter Assembly circuit poor electrical connection

Tech notes

Toyota recently released a warranty enhancement for 2010-2014 Prius, extending the coverage of the inverter/converter Intelligent Powertrain Module.

Toyota Bulletin Information:

Toyota has received some reports where the Intelligent Power Module (IPM) located inside the inverter assembly of the hybrid system may fail. This condition is indicated by hybrid system diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs): P0A94, P324E, P3004, and/or P0A1A. If one or more of these DTCs are detected, various warning lamps on the instrument panel will also illuminate and the vehicle will enter fail safe mode. Although the Hybrid Inverter assembly is covered by Toyota’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty for 8 years or 100,000 miles (whichever occurs first), we at Toyota care about the customers’ ownership experience. Toyota is now extending the warranty coverage for repairs related to failure of the Intelligent Power Module (IPM).

Possible causes Faulty Inverter With Converter Assembly Inverter With Converter Assembly harness is open or shorted Inverter With Converter Assembly circuit poor electrical connection

Read more: https://www.autocodes.com/p3004_toyota.html

P3004 TOYOTA - Power Cable Malfunction 0 Comments | Add Comment Possible causes Faulty Inverter With Converter Assembly Inverter With Converter Assembly harness is open or shorted Inverter With Converter Assembly circuit poor electrical connection What does this mean? Tech notes Toyota recently released a warranty enhancement for 2010-2014 Prius, extending the coverage of the inverter/converter Intelligent Powertrain Module. Toyota Bulletin Information: Toyota has received some reports where the Intelligent Power Module (IPM) located inside the inverter assembly of the hybrid system may fail. This condition is indicated by hybrid system diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs): P0A94, P324E, P3004, and/or P0A1A. If one or more of these DTCs are detected, various warning lamps on the instrument panel will also illuminate and the vehicle will enter fail safe mode. Although the Hybrid Inverter assembly is covered by Toyota’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty for 8 years or 100,000 miles (whichever occurs first), we at Toyota care about the customers’ ownership experience. Toyota is now extending the warranty coverage for repairs related to failure of the Intelligent Power Module (IPM). What does this mean? Possible symptoms Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light) P3004 Toyota Description If the inverter voltage is not decreased after discharge with the ignition switch OFF, the VM sensor in the inverter is determined as defective. The ECU sets the OBDII code when HV battery voltage becomes lower than inverter voltage.

Yes.I read that before as well.If Toyota replace inverters on Prius models ,so Lexus should do as well.I open inverter plastic cover of my CT and its written Prius so its looks they used same part.

33 minutes ago, Stompe said:

Under what conditions did you buy this car, private sale, dealer? How long did you have the car before it displayed the faults etc. 

I bought my 62 reg CT from dealer in Bristol 15 months ago.Since then no issues at all.I should mention car has cat C.It got since 2014 but couldn't find anymore details.It got full Lexus service history and my nearest Lexus delear is 20 miles away in Cheltenham.

Weirdly enough check hybrid system appeared day after I change 4 new tyres and got folder rear seats.

20 hours ago, 200h said:

if it is the invertor here is a link for a 2011 - 2014 ct invertor pretty cheap at  £225 + £8.33 p&p + vat

https://www.synetiq.co.uk/parts-breaking/details/high-voltage-inverter-11-to-14-lexus-ct-200h-hybrid-2zr-fxe---warranty-5207768/-/10934/

Thx.My inverter Has different code.Is that ok if i neeeded to fit it?

IMG_20190929_094054.jpg

IMG_20190929_094050.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links