Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Already many used UX

Noticed on the Lexus used cars site that there are already about 100 used UXs for sale! This seems surprisingly high for a brand new car that only came out in April.

What are the thoughts here, are people generally happy with their UX, or are lots of buyers disappointed/unhappy and the UX is not living up to expectations?

In response to your comments i do not think these used UX's are customers cars for sale. The  vast majority are Dealer demonstrators which have reached a certain age and or milage and put on the market at the request of Lexus GB. There are no reports on the Owners Site of any UX customer who is unhappy with their purchase.   Maybe i am wrong and owners will respond with negative comments.

Thank You,

Paul

7 hours ago, P M R said:

In response to your comments i do not think these used UX's are customers cars for sale. The  vast majority are Dealer demonstrators which have reached a certain age and or milage and put on the market at the request of Lexus GB. There are no reports on the Owners Site of any UX customer who is unhappy with their purchase.   Maybe i am wrong and owners will respond with negative comments.

Thank You,

Paul

You are probably right. When my RX was serviced 2 weeks ago I had a very high spec UX  f sport as a loan car. Beautifully finished I must say. 

No doubt be for sale shortly as it had done around 5000 miles 

I understand the trend is now for smaller SUV's and I don't doubt the usual Lexus quality is there, well it is of course. I think this market is becoming over saturated and there's some extremely stiff competition. 

I first saw the UX last year at the Goodwood Festival of speed and had a closer look a few days back when at my dealers. The boot space is ridiculous and the rear cramped. I guess the argument is that if you want larger go with the NX but wasn't the whole point of an SUV its practicality ? I'm struggling to see the target market here.

Incidentally discount from dealers your'e looking at £1000 off the base model if buying on finance, nothing if a cash buyer.

I've had five quotes of exactly the same price £28905 so clearly Lexus are holding firm thinking it will sell.

As with everything in life, the latest trend in SUVs, is exactly that, it's just a trend/fad!! We have an IS and and NX, and the NX is only slightly more practical than the IS. NX is a lot less fun to drive and fuel economy is terrible compared to the IS. I can get up to 60mpg in the IS on long journeys, but barely 45mpg in the NX. We always end up using the IS for long journeys, so that says everything really!

I have read a few articles now that saloons are starting to make a comeback as finally the general public realise that fuel economy, emmisions and cost of ownership are far better in saloon type cars. Like I said, it's just a fad guys and it will end. I fear that Lexus has come to market slightly too late with UX (seems to be a trend for them of late). And yes, boot space is an absolute joke in the UX, just not a practical SUV, only an economical fashion statement, which is also fine 🙂

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links