Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replacement Exhaust compatibility

Shackattack

Hi All,

I'm looking for a new exhaust as I've had to have the backbox on one side welded back on after rusting off. The mechanic said it would hold for the time being but I should look to replace pretty soon.

My car is a 58 plate but it's a facelift model and was registered in Jan 2009.

I've contacted this chap on eBay who said this exhaust wouldn't be compatible but I can't see any mechanical differences to that of the Non-facelift.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-IS250-SALOON-2-5-PETROL-RWD-2005-2008-REAR-EXHAUST-SILENCER/112521866538?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649#vi-ilComp

Couldn't anyone advise whether this would fit?

Thanks

I suppose it depends on how much you want to spend and how long you're keeping the car, but my suggestion would be to get a custom stainless system made.

I had a Nissan Maxima QX SE+ at one time and it was quite a rare car - no one could supply an exhaust except Nissan and they wanted about £900.

I found a guy making custom stainless systems and he measured and copied every bend, every length etc., etc., to make an exact replica, which was guaranteed for the life of the car and guarantee even transferrable to new owner if I sold the car, all for £395.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2019 at 3:17 PM, Herbie said:

I suppose it depends on how much you want to spend and how long you're keeping the car, but my suggestion would be to get a custom stainless system made.

I had a Nissan Maxima QX SE+ at one time and it was quite a rare car - no one could supply an exhaust except Nissan and they wanted about £900.

I found a guy making custom stainless systems and he measured and copied every bend, every length etc., etc., to make an exact replica, which was guaranteed for the life of the car and guarantee even transferrable to new owner if I sold the car, all for £395.

Thanks Herbie, I'll bear that in mind. I'm probably going to have the car for the next couple of years. 

Do you know whether the above exhaust in the link would be compatible to my car? I don't see any technical differences between the post 2009 facelift and the non facelift model. The engines are certainly identical

You're welcome James, no problem.

I honestly don't know if it would fit or not.

Like you, I can't see any difference, BUT (1) I've never had an IS250 and (2) I'm not a mechanic, so my observations are not necessarily to be taken as being correct. I'm afraid you need someone with greater knowledge than me before you spend your hard-earned cash.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links