Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

You can quickly check that the bass unit has it voicecoils working. 

Just get a 1.5volt Battery and connect to the speaker terminals, you should see the cone move, but you should hear a click from the cone.

If this works, it implies the speaker is working, which might mean the amp is not working (or the cabling is not delivering to the speaker).

a 1.5volt Battery is not going to damage the bass unit if it is a working unit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Celsior-fin said:

You can measure speaker impedance and 8ohm speaker does not damage the ML amplifier.

20181017133959-87b4f9f1-me.jpg

Cheap Multi-meter  - £7.99 at Screwfix, always using mine and helped solve a few problems on my previous LS (and many a job around the house)

Might be able to see if the speaker wires are presentng some kind of resistance, or AC voltage which might show amp is connected, but just not working. 

Either way sounds like a bit of a pain sorting.

Best of luck

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links