Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SC430 2004 Radio/nav import to UK standard

Pete Taylor

So I have fitted on a Jap import model a tv tuner by Hi-Vision HIT7700. All the info that came with it are in Japanese and I would like to know more what I can do with this unit. It does have a Video feed so hopefully I will be able fit a reversing camera to that, just not sure if it will come on automatically unless I have the video on all the time, no good if I have the Nav working.

This car I have already tried a UK Europe DVD but that does nothing and cant get any English to the Nav, I have tried to see if I can select English but the setup is different to my previous SC so I cant even follow the steps taking on a UK model, it may be that Japanese is the only language on import models. 

Questions:

1. Can I turn the Jap setup into UK standard without buying another UK ML radio unit and sat nav controls. I realise the FM radio will be restrictive without a band width increaser to get the full FM range.

2. Is there a way to select English at all on the present setup, I have tried but very hard when its all Japanese.

3. Can I turn the Hi-Vision HIT7700 setup to accept a video feed from a reversing camera and be automatically turned on with selection to reverse.

4. Does anyone have English instructions for the HIT7700.( I have searched)

20190928_095320.jpg

20190928_095345.jpg

20190928_095152.jpg

There is no provision on the Japanese satnav to convert it to English. The only realistic way is to change out the unit for an English version. This would include the radio since this is used to update the satnav for road delays.
The alternative is to use an adapter that allows you to use an android device, but these cost as much or more than as buying  second hand replacement units.

John.

Ok so I installed a UK head unit and nav control unit from my UK SC and there are a few differences. The Jap version has three main plugs going into the radio plus the door motor. The UK version has just two main plugs . Whats the 3rd plug for? 

One other issue is that the UK nav/climate control has two buttons for nav door open and close, the Jap version is opened and closed with one button. So after installing the entire UK kit into the car the only thing that will not work is the nav door open and close button. 

• 2 weeks later...

Very tricky as the loom is going to be slightly different. Impressed that everything works except the nav door. If you look carefully at the wiring diagrams and at some of the Beatsonic pdfs it may be possible to identify which wires control the door. 

Have you considered upgrading to modern satnav unit screen? Probably the best option, you will have brand new touchscreen unit and keeping the oem look with sliding door.. 

There's Lexus Owners Club on Facebook i know few members have done it from there..