Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

After 3 years it still surprises me just how efficient the GS 250 can be.

These were taken at pit stops during a steady cruise from Bolton to Exeter recently, travelling around 65-70 mph.

Who needs a 300h eh? 😜

AF5872D4-4B9A-4FA0-9A06-3C4DB2CE1EEB.thumb.jpeg.b5515c83c1a8050c4ce21b4579d2fb6f.jpeg1DD72AD2-CA1B-40F4-A8AF-84069AE79BC5.thumb.jpeg.22d2932cb67de50cd17153bb496fbcde.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Boltonian said:

Hi all,

After 3 years it still surprises me just how efficient the GS 250 can be.

These were taken at pit stops during a steady cruise from Bolton to Exeter recently, travelling around 65-70 mph.

Who needs a 300h eh? 😜

AF5872D4-4B9A-4FA0-9A06-3C4DB2CE1EEB.thumb.jpeg.b5515c83c1a8050c4ce21b4579d2fb6f.jpeg1DD72AD2-CA1B-40F4-A8AF-84069AE79BC5.thumb.jpeg.22d2932cb67de50cd17153bb496fbcde.jpeg

EXCELLENT READINGS.

Did you make Pole position?

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

EXCELLENT READINGS.

Did you make Pole position?

I drove a A6 TDI (company fleet car) recently to Basingstoke and barely got 50mpg so yes it’s really strong numbers for a luxury saloon with a petrol v6. No pole on this occasion as I wasn’t in any kind of rush. Happy to let the German marques overtake whilst smug in the knowledge I have the better vehicle! 

• Like 1

I`ve just arrived in Andalucia in my heavily laden 17 Year old Merc Estate  E220 cdi. O.B.C. SHOWS 59.3mpg, the best I`ve ever achieved largely due to the National Speed Limit in France having been reduced to 50mph on non-major roads.

Just look forward to your retirement Adam and ponder what you might achieve in your (by then?) Electric vehicle !!

12 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

I`ve just arrived in Andalucia in my heavily laden 17 Year old Merc Estate  E220 cdi. O.B.C. SHOWS 59.3mpg, the best I`ve ever achieved largely due to the National Speed Limit in France having been reduced to 50mph on non-major roads.

Just look forward to your retirement Adam and ponder what you might achieve in your (by then?) Electric vehicle !!

Ahh yes 2002 back when the Germans made cars that lasted! 

State pension won’t be for another 40 years for me. Hoping to call it a day long before then though! Electric and driverless by then i’d assume, all a little dull I enjoy driving.

• Like 1

Did roughly 500 mile round trip last weekend. On the motorway around 65mph 45mpg+ same as you. 

Not that it matters that much to me.. i would still enjoy and love it if it did 20mpg.. 

Make no mistake, 450h will always be the king on the road 😄 but i really like the concept of 250: Good old reliable 4GR V6 coupled with excellent 6 speed automatic gearbox. At barely over 200hp, GS250 will never win any speed contests (unless it's up against GS300h).. but it's reliable, reasonably economical and charismatic luxury saloon for sure. No worries of running ageing hybrid powertrain and very good value for money to buy 😊

On 9/30/2019 at 11:35 PM, aviator888 said:

Did roughly 500 mile round trip last weekend. On the motorway around 65mph 45mpg+ same as you. 

Not that it matters that much to me.. i would still enjoy and love it if it did 20mpg.. 

Make no mistake, 450h will always be the king on the road 😄 but i really like the concept of 250: Good old reliable 4GR V6 coupled with excellent 6 speed automatic gearbox. At barely over 200hp, GS250 will never win any speed contests (unless it's up against GS300h).. but it's reliable, reasonably economical and charismatic luxury saloon for sure. No worries of running ageing hybrid powertrain and very good value for money to buy 😊

I looked at the 450h before buying the 250 but I couldn’t justify the £10k extra just for the performance and a small mpg benefit! I think I made the right decision considering how good of an all rounder the 250 can be!

6 hours ago, Boltonian said:

I looked at the 450h before buying the 250 but I couldn’t justify the £10k extra just for the performance and a small mpg benefit! I think I made the right decision considering how good of an all rounder the 250 can be!

Hear hear 🙂

Time for a good GS250 love in. 

As I've said in another post the reason I've become so 'bonded' to this car is that it will probably be the last V6 standard g/box car I will own. So best appreciate it. Regularly get over 40mpg on a run although its a bit juicy around town. However that engine is a tried and tested cracker. Sounds decent when pushed and should never miss a beat. Has a slightly eccentric side to it as the injectors are quite noisy so when cold it sounds a little bit TDi. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links