Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I haven't got air suspension so I don't know, but a quick googling found this image showing AHC (Adjustable Height Control) parameters. It means nothing to me but may help you if you know what you're looking for:

techstream1.thumb.jpg.1a075fefc852e6975348acb9202ae45a.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks gentlemen, I guess the answer may come by phoning Lexus. The reason I ask is that (and it may be my imagination) I feel in the year that I've had my Celsior the ride is just slightly harder than my previous one, and I have heard that cars made in Japan destined for the UK have our roads taken into account when building them.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Happy Jim said:

On the LS460 You can use Techstream to manipulate each individual damper (0 soft to 17 hard), but that’s just for testing & diagnosis. I’d guess it’s the same on earlier models.

Jim

This also applies to the GS450H as I found browsing through Tecstream functions.

John.

On 9/28/2019 at 7:15 PM, Happy Jim said:

On the LS460 You can use Techstream to manipulate each individual damper (0 soft to 17 hard), but that’s just for testing & diagnosis. I’d guess it’s the same on earlier models.

Jim

Jim any idea how I rise the suspension on each individual shock absorber? My two left shocks are lower than the right on a 460..

On 9/29/2019 at 10:37 AM, runsgrateasanut said:

Could the ride be to do with the fact that perhaps there is less mileage on the Car than your previous, and the suspension has not "settled" as much ?

It's only a minor thing and I may just be imaging things because it glides on straight roads.

I think your theory on JDM suspension may be right, mine seems very hard even with the suspension on normal setting, with sports mode it corners like a go cart. Mine has the piezo TEMS set up with coil springs so the damping is adjustable.

9 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

I think your theory on JDM suspension may be right, mine seems very hard even with the suspension on normal setting, with sports mode it corners like a go cart. Mine has the piezo TEMS set up with coil springs so the damping is adjustable.

Interesting.  I don't feel there's anything wrong with mine, and most of the time it's fine, it just feels firmer on some uneven surfaces. So if there is something in this, would Toyota have a different shock absorber for the domestic market, or are they the same but programmable I wonder?

My understanding of the air shocks is that the ECU that manages them adapts them according to the road surface and how you are driving. If you drive slowly and gently it wafts along. If you thrash it and chuck it hard into every corner it stiffens up. I've never noticed any difference using the Sports button, probably because I'm a thrasher/chucker. 😁

On 9/30/2019 at 7:02 PM, Malachy said:

Jim any idea how I rise the suspension on each individual shock absorber? My two left shocks are lower than the right on a 460..

You can adjust each shock by +/-20mm in the software (offset), any more and you will need to adjust the level sensors (then measure/reset the heights) - it’s in the suspension setting under utilities.

Rgds

Jim

• 3 months later...
On 9/30/2019 at 11:31 PM, The-Acre said:

Interesting.  I don't feel there's anything wrong with mine, and most of the time it's fine, it just feels firmer on some uneven surfaces. So if there is something in this, would Toyota have a different shock absorber for the domestic market, or are they the same but programmable I wonder?

I just got Techstream and was testing it on my Celsior. Here's what I found. "Bumby road sensor" is that the reason for a soft ride 🙂

I guess that "Number of trouble codes" is caused by ASC-680 as when I drive it sometimes gives message: "Height HI" but only if I set car lower than normal height.

Alusta.jpg

I did read an AA report on buying Japanese imports and in the article it says JDM suspension can be firmer, so that answers my original question.  All irrelevant now though as I've since replaced all four shocks with new ones.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links