Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supagard - The full story

Penultimate post for now, this time for anyone considering Supagard. Key points:

1) The dealer sold this product to me on a used vehicle, even though I later found from a service history print out, it was already treated with this "lifetime" product when first registered. Check for this unless you see value in having a lifetime product reapplied.

2) Only after speaking to Supagard in regards to correct aftercare, did it come to light the aftercare kit (cleaning fluids, brushes and registration card) had not been supplied. Took the dealer a week to locate this kit.

3) When attempting to register for the Supagard lifetime guarantee, another code was missing, as a secondary code is required if you have a leather interior. Dealer initially advised they did not provide leather treatment so would refund the product. A couple of days later this information changed and they advised leather was treated and another card appeared again about a week later. Product finally registered!

4) Almost done. So read the terms of the guarantee. Any undocumented repairs invalidate it. So if per my quarter damage post you have been sold a vehicle with undisclosed and undocumented repairs, you then have to ensure you get a letter proving the repair is Lexus authorised and retreated with Supagard.

I don't have any issues with Supagard as a product, in fact historically Lexus have had a reputation for not the best paintwork longevity, so this product may have tangible benefits. The objective of the post is to ensure Lexus customers are provided with the product they have paid for in it's entirety and from the outset are not unknowingly holding a guarantee that due to existing repairs, is instantly invalidated.

IMG_4780.JPG

IMG_4781.JPG

• Thanks 1